Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finally Finished

And about time, too! I am glad to be finished with the opera. Not that I didn't have fun. I did. It just was mentally draining and it took a lot of time away from mom. The last little opera bit was accomplished early in the morning. For some reason, I didn't sleep early or enough. I woke up a little after 6 and didn't go back to sleep. I like sleep. The morning is nice and everything, but I do prefer the night, generally. Anyway, I was dragging most of the day. I did get to the theatre early, only to find that people were already there. Which was good, as we got a large part done quickly - moving the big pieces of furniture. Yay. Soon, the others arrived - not many others - in fact fewer than I had anticipated - but enough. We got Al's (the director's) car packed up - almost as full as last year. And the electronic keyboard got back to Trinity. Yippee!

My next mission was to get the car registered. So, I walked to the insurance agent's office. Who had moved. Added an extra ten minutes to my walk. Still, it was good to be out and moving. And I got to walk some places I haven't walked in a while. The insurance card was waiting for me, so I picked it up and headed to the DMV.

Not too many people there, just enough so that I could fill out my paperwork while waiting. Sadly, I couldn't do my my driver's license. NYS requires one to have their social security card. What? Why? Why isn't a passport enough? Glarg. Whatever. The registration process went smoothly enough. Got my plates and everything. Why does NYS, though, require front and back plates? Silly and wastefully expensive. Why have two when one is good enough. Whatever. Not my problem. As I walked home, I called the mechanic's office and asked if they could inspect the car. But they couldn't. So tomorrow (today - which I will write about tomorrow - which will then be today and today will be yesterday) I will get the car inspected. Now, fingers crossed that the two tickets really were fix-it tickets and will just go away on the 16th. Please!

What else exciting happened on Monday? Mom and I went food shopping. She bought five more yogurts after swearing that she had eaten all of the ones in the fridge. She was close. There were only three left in the fridge. Yogurt has a long shelf life, doesn't it? I got a blog feed from one of the few blogs that I skim - and she had cooked patty melts. Yum! So I decided that was what we were going to have for dinner. And home made french fries. And coleslaw. And corn on the cob. Great dinner! I haven't really been in the kitchen to cook much since coming back from the trip. Or at least it seems that way for some reason. Everything turned out well, though the fries weren't as crisp as I would have liked. What is the secret to crisp fries? Hmm...

Morning over Scenic Lake Seneca

Starting to fill Al's Car

Finally reached Amy's Office

Pretty flower seen on the walk

newly plated

Delicious dinner (if I must say so myself)

No comments: