Monday, August 20, 2012

'Spection

Introspection and retrospection are probably the primary two 'spections of which I write. When I am not actively adventuring outwards, I have the time, energy and inclination to do some inward adventuring. I believe that both are important to leading a quality life. No real retrospection recently...

Right now, my introspection is focused on my right shoulder. It is hurting for no apparent reason. I think it is something that could be solved by Chiropractic, so I might look into that on Monday. Maybe caused by my work on the opera?

What else am I introspecting? My mom. She seems to be deteriorating. Today she asked me about Hobart and William Smith - and if there were two colleges and how separate or unified they were. My words, not hers. She has lived on this campus for 60 years. Sigh. But she can still fake being fairly competent. I don't know what to do. The good news is that I might be getting help soon. Subsidized help. That would be awesome. We are having a fiscal review from the Ontario County Aging people on Thursday. Always fun, fiscal reviews. Have I mentioned lately that I dislike the fact that so much of life seems to revolve around money? If not, consider it mentioned...

For those of you who follow this blog, you know that I am generally an upbeat person. I do try to, and usually succeed, at looking at the bright side of life. My mom often calls me Pollyanna (and no, this isn't because she has forgotten who I am). Right this second, though, I am a bit on the blue side of things. I just found out that my housemate will be leaving the house in Clayton, NC. Which means that I need to sell my house. Which wasn't possible 6 years ago and is probably a lot less likely now.  And selling the house is not easy 600 miles away.

Then again, I get two little offsets, and though the whole house thing is heavy and weighs on me a bit, my mood is lightened by a) finding out that the lab for mom's blood test is just drop in-able - and b) getting another little baby step forward on Flippety.

As for every day things, I make a pretty tasty cream of broccoli soup Saturday night for dinner. With a salad. The soup was especially tasty! I halved a recipe I saw in How to Cook Everything, added some cheese and called it soup! Sunday, we had breakfast for dinner: egg, hash browns, bacon and waffles!

With home made croutons!

No caption necessary

And it was game night again Sunday! Yay, we won!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to consider using the word "Insploration" too. I haven't copyrighted it yet, so you are welcome to it...
-erich

Augustus said...

Nice one Erich! :)