Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting Started, Every Day

One of my friends actually thought that I didn't like Tuesdays. That isn't the case, I like Tuesdays. Maybe he didn't actually read the blog post - though I think he reads them all! (Hi Al!) The post status was just something that popped into mind and was mainly supposed to be eye catching. I think I said No Tuesday is a Good Tuesday - or something like that. Oh well, a little ado about nothing. Yay!

Now, Wednesdays. Who the heck likes Wednesday? Who wakes up and says, wow, hurruh, another wonderful Wednesday?! Ok, I do. Well, sometimes I wake up saying, hello, uh, what day is it? But I do like waking up! Sort of. Sleeping is good too. I like waking up when I have gotten enough sleep. And waking up is better than the alternative of not waking up. I guess. I haven't, yet, not woken up...

Moving on. With what excitement was Wednesday filled? Well, you might ask! Chock full of good times indeed! Just a rockin' day! I, uh, sorted a bit of stuff - filled a lot of the blue bin in fact. Mom did some over the week as well. We are just a sorting and throwing away stuff sort of family!

Actually, where did the day go? Well, part of it was eaten by a nap. I have been waking up early (like 6 am) and working for a bit and then napping again until, well, later. And yesterday, I took it to a little bit of an extreme...And for lunch, I made tuna melts! My tuna salad needs some work - I haven't made it too frequently. But practice makes perfect. I made two different ones - one with cheddar cheese, one with Jarlsberg - which I think is a swiss cheese like cheese. One recipe called for the sandwich being baked - one broiled - one added a tomato - which I could see working - even though I don't like tomatoes generally. I think mom liked hers ok.

Later, grocery shopping briefly to get some spinach and some milk. I made alfredo sauce (easy style), pasta, mixed in some chicken, served with sauteed spinach and corn on the cob. Yum!

Today is a three-fer. Three blog posts on three different sites. (This one, the brewpubs one and the writing one.) One day there will be a four-fer - but I haven't found my cajones (left them at the laundromat) to actually post something on the political blog. 

Cheddar on the left, Jarlsberg on the right


No comments: