Sunday, August 12, 2012

Godspell again

I have seen a few versions of Godspell. Last night's was one of the more creative attempts. In a positive way. I only wish they would have tuned the piano...Seriously, the show was dandy. The direction and choreography were fun. What was lacking was some singing ability and some acting ability. Everyone tried very hard and enjoyed themselves. And I love the music from the show. So, I am glad I went. Yay! I did drag mom and Kelly along and they both seemed to enjoy it as well. Oh, for those who don't know, Godspell is a musical from the 70s that relates some of one of the books of the Gospel - St. Mark, I think. Mom and I saw the original production years ago.

That was our excitement for the day. Yippee! Not much else happened, actually. I made really good pizza for dinner - my pizza is getting better - I think a bit of rotating the pizza stone and a few more minutes cooking would have yielded an even better result, but overall I am very pleased with our dinner last night.

I took a nice walk downtown in a vain attempt to purchase pre-sale tickets for Godspell. Also went and did some shopping - mainly buying a waffle iron. I couldn't find the 800 year old one here in the house. Which is probably just fine, except for the asbestos covered power cord...

Wow, yet another nice day! Huzzuh!

Turned out pretty well!

Kelly and Mom all dressed up for the theatre

No comments: