Monday, August 13, 2012

Brinner

Most of my day was spent puttering around on Flippety. I know the game has issues, but they are ones that I don't know how to fix. Yet. So I am fixing what I can and going on with my life. Sadly, one of the things that I don't know how to fix is going to also get the game kicked back from Apple. (An iAd issue) The things I can fix, I am fixing: graphics - trying to cull the ones that are copyrighted and not sized appropriately; and sound - I have a few sounds that needed tweaking. I am still working on both of those though I accomplished a good bit. I also did get iAds working (for the most part). Turns out that there was a step missing that no one anywhere explicates (connecting the delegate to the ad banner). I found the answer where I find a lot of my answers - on Stackoverflow.com.

Other than that, it was a pretty lazy day. I did manage to put up two of the three shower curtains. Cleaned the kitchen a few times. Made lunch. The regular stuff.

Oh, I have been spending a bunch of time on OkCupid - thanks to Marie's suggestion. I like the site, overall. It does seem to promote creativity and curiosity. Sure, there are the slackers who don't bother to answer any questions. And there are a few of the scammers with fake pictures and profiles. But they are easily weeded out. So far, I haven't found anyone too exciting. Well, there is one person, but she is too young and I haven't written her. Yet. Probably tomorrow (which never comes).

What does one call breakfast for dinner? Brinner seems to be a good solution. Brupper? Deakfast? Anyway, that's what we had last night - a Sunday night tradition, sort of, here at Chez Schoen-René. And what a brinner feast it was! We had bacon, ah bacon, an egg, hash browns and waffles. I haven't ever made waffles from scratch before. I have made them using bisquick. And I have made them both at Perkin's when I worked there years ago and at several motels around the country, but this was the first time that I have made them from scratch. They turned out pretty well. But they are a lot harder than pancakes! Goodness gracious. Separating eggs? Beating egg whites? I used sour cream in mine rather than just milk. And blueberries. I think everyone enjoyed the meal. I know I did!

It was game night! It hasn't been game night, for me at least, in a long while. We played a cooperative game that we played before, but we didn't do very well. Nor did we finish the game. Charles has a curfew. Tatiana and Jack, newbies, came to play. As did Daniel. Fun stuff!

Waffles!

Brinner!

Game!

No comments: