Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What I didn't do on Tuesday

The Machine played last night near Buffalo. Not that far away, in the greater scheme of things. And I was sorely tempted to go. I actually timed it out and thought of ways to accomplish it - but in the end it was too logistically difficult to manage. Not because of me, but because of mom. Maybe she isn't as bad off as I think she is, maybe she could have fended for herself longer and better than I give her credit for. But I chose not go without her and chose to not go because of her. Sigh.

So, that is what I didn't do on Tuesday. What didn't you do recently? Hmm?

What did I do? I took pictures of the Chinese Chair and the Chinese Table and sent them to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Mom has been telling the story for years (and years) that her grandmother (my great grandmother) - I wonder how old she was when she died. Or what her name was. Hmm. Maybe it is in my genealogy stuff somewhere - wherever that is - it could be under the bed in the orange room - oh, I really need to make the bed in there sometime so that Mary Gerhart can sleep there while we are at Erich's wedding - which means I need to hide a key for her somewhere...where was I - oh, right, the story - that the Chinese Table had a twin in the Met. Which I take it to mean that she thought it was valuable. We think of things in museums as priceless or at least pretty darn priceful, don't we? Ok, I do. And I think my great-grandmother did. And mom does. So, I took a lot of pictures of both the chair and the table and emailed them to Sunny at the Museum. My expectations? I expect them to tell me that the table and the chair are each worth about $1000. Probably less...

Dinner was chicken and veggies - corn and asparagus. We hadn't had asparagus in a while - and I overcooked it. Sigh. The corn - well one ear had an unwelcome - at least at my table - guest - a worm of some kind. Yum! Extra protein! Except that I politely asked it to leave.

After dinner, I started playing my xBox game and didn't stop until, glarp, 12:30 am. I don't know why I like the game so much (Assassin's Creed) but I do. There. I said it. Now you can all stop reading my blogs in disgust!



No comments: