Saturday, August 4, 2012

Opera Night One - Check

The first performance of The Barber of Seville was last night. Yay! Only two more performances to go. I am enjoying the production, for the most part, and am looking forward to it being over at the same time. I just got an email today asking me about hours and such. Sigh. I could go on a little rant here, but I am going to restrain myself. Suffice it to say that sometimes I wonder about people's priorities.

Speaking of the performance - nothing major went awry. The show seemed to be well received by the smallish audience that attended. The actors seemed pleased. And Al (the director) didn't have too many notes for we technical types. Yay! There was an opening night feed session at Pure - the Indian Restaurant across from the Smith. Yum!

Yesterday, I went shopping at Wegman's for the first time in a while and was a bit taken aback at the crowd! I was there a little after four and the joint was jumping! Much needed supplies (like potato chips and soda water) were purchased. It looks, though, like another trip today is warranted. Dinner must be prepared! Oops, after doing a Daily Challenge challenge of cleaning out the fridge, I found enough vegetable matter to make dinner without shopping. Yippee!

Last night, we ate the last Bertolli's, which I managed to overcook a little - weird but true - and some corn on the cob. Mom loves corn on the cob. She asked me my secret and I told her "butter." That is my secret ingredient for most cooking. Yay butter!

Have I mentioned that I don't like the ads on Hulu? I am thinking of going for Hulu plus, but the finances aren't there just yet.

Ok, not the most exciting blog post. Maybe it will be more exciting tomorrow? Anything is possible (most things are unlikely).

Dinner at home

Michele (Rosina) and her parents

Yummy Indian food at Pure



No comments: