Monday, August 6, 2012

Sunday Matinee

Sunday we had our final performance of the opera, at 2:00 as a matinee. And what a matinee it was! Everything went very smoothly. The actors seemed to have hit their stride. Too bad, for them, that there weren't more performances. Oh well. There were no technical glitches to speak of too! The Sunday audience didn't seem as large as the other two but still a decent turn out. I got there way too early and left way too late. Because of strike. Strike, for those of you not into theatre, is when the show is taken down, taken apart, put to sleep. For this show, there wasn't a lot to do, thankfully. The big things were the costumes, folding the drops and moving the grand piano back to where it lives.

The drops took up the whole stage when being folded. Lots of hands made it easy. Unfortunately, we didn't get to all of them before the piano mover guy came. Which meant that we had to wait for that ordeal to be completed before finishing up the drops. The piano move went pretty easily - again many hands. None of the principals (lead actors) this time around. The chorus, though, did stay and help. Much appreciated in fact!

After the rehearsal, I drove home and got a ticket for my car being unregistered and uninspected. Sigh. I am not the best at life management - especially detail-y things like car registration. Ick. I need a personal manager to handle this stuff for me. One day perhaps... Anyway, this meant that I couldn't drive to the cast party. Not a huge loss. I had to get up early this morning in any case to do the last bit of load-out for the opera. Dinner was a can of soup. I needed to eat less (but plan to make up for it tonight).

The piano about to come up the ramp onto the stage

One of the drops being folded

No comments: