Friday, August 31, 2012

Blue Moon

I just googled "Blue Moon" and learned some interesting things. Did you know that there are two different definitions of a blue moon? I didn't. Glad I do now. I am smart! And edjimacted!

So, here we are on a beautiful Friday in Geneva, NY - and I do mean gorgeous, and it feels like Saturday! That's because, Thursday night is my big night out on the town. I was supposed to get together with a person I know from OKCupid (our first meeting) but her allergies acted up so we have postponed our meeting. Instead, I did my usual foray into the dark underbelly of Geneva and had a beer at Microclimate! Living dangerously, going where the wild and crazy people hang out. That's me. I spell my name D-A-N-G-E-R! As usual, I had a decent time. Chatted with nice people who liked my friend's app - Fotovino - more than mine - Flippety - which makes sense since his has to do with wine and I was in a wine bar. Still...And I saw people I know. Geneva is getting smaller! Now, if only I can meet some people who will be part of my support system. Baby steps.

Other than that, not an exciting Thursday.

I got a royalty check from sales of Bar Dreams! Woo hoo! I think I spent it all at Microclimate last night...

I walked to the library and back. While at the library I reserved a couple of audio books and took a few more audio books out, from my current favorite librarian - who actually smiled at me. I guess she is slow to warm up to people.

I did do some food shopping and made a delicious dinner of hamburgers with sautees onions and mushrooms, green beans (a smidge underdone),  corn on the cob and another of my mom's favorites, twice baked potatoes. She sure does like those!

Ok, I am seriously tuckered out from writing (or at least posting) three blog posts yesterday.So I hope that my slew of pictures will make up for the brevity of the post. Paucity? Who knows...

The Check! Who is this Renotto Press? How am I going to cash this?!

Sailboats on Seneca Lake

Yummy dinner!

One picture of the blue moon

Blue moon over Seneca Lake

No comments: