Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Day Like Many Others

We are not in adventure mode here in beautiful Geneva, NY. Instead we are in maintenance and routine mode. I think our next scheduled adventure is Erich and Shelly's wedding in early September. Though I might go to see The Machine play near Buffalo. I haven't decided yet. If the show were later in the evening and weren't outdoors and nearer (like in Geneva) I would definitely go. As it is...Right now the chances are fifty fifty. Well, maybe 51 go and 49 not go. Maybe 50.5 go...

So, what does maintenance look like? Well, just look back at the last few blog posts. Or here is a brief synopsis. Get up, work on stuff like the blogs, fix lunch, run an errand or two (or not), work some more, make dinner, do something in the evening, go to bed. Yippee! Oh, and we are up to 47 followers! Almost to fifty! How exciting is that! Welcome new followers! May you find a smile or two and nugget of knowledge here now and again!!

I finished watching United States of Tara on Netflix yesterday. Overall I enjoyed it and am glad that I found it and watched it. I think I have seen the actor (actress) who played Charmaine before. I was debating what to watch next, when it occurred to me to look to see if they had Lost as an online viewable show. They did! So I watched a few episodes. I don't get what all the hype was about. Looks like a standard science fiction drama. Oh well, I will watch it, cause that is the kind of guy I am.

I have added a lot of movies to mom's Netflix account for home delivery. The one we watched together last night was Mansfield Park. I thought this was either something mom mentioned, or maybe Netflix suggested at some point. It was a costume drama about the early 1800s - I like period pieces generally - and a romantic triangle sort of movie. It ended happily, of which I am a fan. The performers were all decent. Overall a good film to watch. Definitely rentable if you like that sort of thing.

One more bit to add to my online dating story from yesterday. Responses. I tend to write to more people first than others tend to write me first. If I am written to, I do my best to respond. Always. After the first response, though, there are no guarantees. I figure it is just polite to respond to someone who has taken the time to write me. Even if their note is something like "hey, I liked your profile." Better than nothing, right? My response is nice and open. And I don't say anything negative. I thank them for writing and wish them luck in their search. This last is a hint that I might not be all that interested in being the object of their search. It does leave it open for them to continue the dialogue if they feel so inclined. I mean, heck, I am on a dating site to meet people, not to reject them. Even if we don't end up as romantic partners, meeting new people, for me, is always a good enough reason to get out of bed in the morning.

Sadly, many women do not respond to the notes I "pen." It confuses and saddens me for a little bit. Then I move on, understanding that their not responding is more of a comment on them, than it is on me. I could write about all of the possible things about them that it is, but that would just be guessing. Sometimes, I do get a message that is filled with lots of negative energy. Love those! Did they take all night thinking of an answer that would be hurtful? Or was it spontaneous meanness? In any case, it makes me think, "phew" glad that they didn't respond in a positive manner. Rarely, I receive a polite, thank you, good luck in your search, which just seems the politest way to go when one isn't interested. Thank you to those that write those responses. Even more rarely, someone I write to first responds with enthusiasm of some kind. Maybe one day it will happen again. In the meanwhile, I will continue on, happily, with my life. Yay living! :)

I think I will make some soup today...

Wild flower bouquet for mom from Kelly

Yum - even sideways like this...



No comments: