Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wiggly Wednesday

I just realized that I called my yesterday post, which was about Tuesday, Woolly Wednesday. I am so confused. So if you are confused, you are not alone! I don't mind being alone, though it is better being alone with a partner, or so I have heard...

So about my woolly, wiggly Wednesday, there is not much to write.
Except in the darkness, in the wee hours of the night.
I heard a flap that I thought just might
be the wings of a bat to my right.
I turned on the light
and sure enough, there was the bat, flying around my room. It is not a big room - maybe 14x14. And though the bat wasn't huge, there wasn't a whole lot of space for me and it together. I closed the door to the hallway, so that it couldn't get further afield. Then I opened my screen on my large, almost french door window and hoped the bat would take the hint. It did. This is the third bat we have had in the house in less than a week! What is up with that?! I am not positive about where they are getting in, but I have an idea - which I will address today - the hole in the ceiling of the red room. I am open to other suggestions - except for the one that they turn into mist and seep into the house before re-materializing into bats again - or something worse. Hahahahahahaha! (That is diabolical laughter...)

Other than that excitement, the day was much like any other. I worked on blogs and Flippety. I actually finished a brewpub blogpost. Yay me!  I went to the grocery store and got some groceries. I did a chore - I finished hanging shower curtains in the bathroom - so mom can take another shower without getting water all over the floor - not that too much got on the floor last time - just now we have three shower curtains to accommodate her transfer bench. Dinner was tacos - though I kind of over cooked the two taco shells I had left and made due with flour tortillas instead. I actually think that is the way we are going to go from now on - they are a bit easier to eat than the tasty and crunchy corn taco shells. And we had corn on the cob. Mom loves corn on the cob something fierce!

While I have your attention, let me write about the anatomy of an online dating crush/session scenario. I go to the site and log on. I see a picture of a person who looks appealing. I click on her profile. Um, uh, not so appealing in a larger picture. Next profile. Oh, now she is more visually appealing. But wait, she lives in Brazil. Sigh. Next profile. Still visually appealing. And she lives in New Jersey! Tempting, but I will pass for now. Next profile. Ok, she is a bit nearer. Let's take a look and see what she has to say about herself...ok, good, all right, yes, oh, goodness, no, a smoker, politically conservative who has absolutely no interest in having another child. Next profile. Wow! She is gorgeous - though there is only one picture - this is a little alarm. Yup, a fake profile. Sigh. Hate those! Next profile - ok, she looks appealing. Nice profile. Not too horrendously far away - let's check - oh, darn, she only wants to date someone who is 1 year older and lives in the house next door. Not even going to waste my time writing. Next profile - attractive indeed, funny interesting profile, let's check - yes, near me is chosen - but according to the search criteria - near me can be up to 500 miles away, so...age is ok, non-smoker. Yippee! I will try. I will send out a hello message. Ok, at a bit of a loss where to start. The first communication is the first (or sometimes second) impression. (It can be second if the person sees a message from somebody in their mailbox and chooses to look at the profile before reading (or deleting) the message.) The note is short, pertinent and specific to their profile, funny if possible. Sign real name (like I would ever not do that...). There, done. Phew! Written. Hurruh! (sic) Now, the funner part - waiting for the response. Or, as happens most frequently when I write someone first - the lack of response. I start to think about what might be the reasons that they chose not to write. My appearance doesn't appeal to them (that happens). My profile didn't strike them as interesting (that happens). I am not in their age range or distance range (not much I can do there about the first - and the second isn't going to change anytime soon). Or they are really swamped with responses and might, possibly, get to me eventually (that happens). (Please note that I realize this is all their stuff and really has nothing to do with who I am and my value as a person.) Then, while I am waiting, I begin to make the sour grapes that Aesop instilled in my cranium so effectively - she isn't that attractive physically - her profile was a bit too something - precious, calculated, snide, whatever - she is too something - short, tall, sex oriented (not sex oriented enough). (Please note that I realize this is all my stuff and really has nothing to do with who they are and their value as a person.) Whatever. As time goes by, the grapes get sourer and sourer - eventually turning to vinegar right there on the vine. I mentally shrug, say "Next" and continue my search. Life goes on. Yay life!

Three shower curtains!

Doesn't look as good as it tasted

Time to refill my water bottles



2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Loved the wiggly Wednesday! Bats in the Augustus. Belfrey yikes. I cannot imagine waking to that.
I know its been some time since I posted a comment. You are my nightly read ...now be patient ..the right one will come when you least expect...keep doing what your doing. Your a great guy with lots to offer :)

Augustus said...

I am patient, in an impatient sort of way, B! Thank you! You are great!