Saturday, August 25, 2012

Full Fun Friday!

Wow, two days in a row with lots going on. Now, it is time for a rest. Maybe for two weeks. Maybe not. One never knows what the future will bring, does one? And on top of that, welcome Wendy! Follower 48!! Two more to go to the elusive follower fifty, after which the sky will open and manna will fall from heaven. Or not. But I do have 48 followers for now! Yippee and thank you!

First errand of the day was picking up my check for services rendered to the Opera. I decided to walk, which turned out to be an inspired decision. First off, it was apparently the beginning of Freshman orientation. There were police barricades complete with policepeople helping the traffic flow sluggishly around the neighborhood. It might have taken me longer to drive downtown than to walk downtown with all of the traffic. Students everywhere! Eeek! And it was a lovely day. Nice temperature, low humidity. Just plain gorgeous, actually. I like the walk to downtown Geneva and try to do it as frequently as possible. Well, not like six times a day for no reason. But if I am going downtown, and have the time, I like to walk.

Picked up the check and cashed it at one bank, walked across the street to my bank and deposited it. I chatted with the summer teller, Hannah who will be leaving soon to go back to college - premed! Yay her. I love living in a small town! (Most of the time...)

After getting home, I checked on mom before heading to Walmart to do a slightly major shopping. We were out of a lot of staples: Swiss Rolls, Kit Kats, pistachios. And they were all less expensive at Walmart than at Wegman's. And I did get other stuff that we were out of or running low on, like maxipads, eye drops and pretzels. On the way up, I had dropped off a presecription with my phavorite pharmacist and picked it up before heading home.

Mom and I ate lunch together, interrupted by a little trip I had to take to help out on the Opera one last time. Sadly, by the time I got there, the issue had already been resolved - though I had received no call telling me not to bother to show up. Sigh.

I tried to get mom to come to Trumansburg with me, but she didn't want to go. It is actually a good thing that she chose to stay home as we ended up wandering around quite a bit. I got there and met Bill outside of the Rongovian Embassy. I had really wanted to go there, as the last time I went was 30 years ago. Maybe longer, actually. The thing I remember most about the place is that they had a list of Zombie (rum based) drinks that is pretty fun. Sadly, they were closed, with no sign of their hours. We checked on them several times while we were in town, but they remained closed. Weird. I hadn't realized that the Rongovian Embassy (Rongo for the locals) had changed hands frequently and was often closed. Oh well. We ended up at Gimme!, the coffee shop we had met in before. People kept sitting next to us, and I kept talking with them. None of them were excited about my app, but they all seemed excited by Bill's wine diary app. Yay for Bill! While we were there, he did help me solve a couple of problems I was having. Though I did also have a bit of an anxiety attack which did not fully manifest until I got home and was sitting in front of my computer again. The anxiety was about my app Flippety - which looks like poo and is cludged together - I know that people can't see under the hood - but I know what a mess it is in there. So, it is a kind of buyer's remorse - or programmer's remorse or something. Glarp.

After hanging at Gimme! for a while, we wandered around T-burg looking for a place to have a beer. Finally, found Ron Don's. Yay! We sat outside, which was the smoker's area, but luckily wasn't too horribly smokey. Very pleasant to sit and sip a beer and chat. It is great to have some adult time occasionally!

Back at the homestead, mom had made it through the day safely. Always a good thing. I made dinner - salmon for her and hamburgers for me. My hamburger turned out deliciously! I made two hamburgers and plan to have the second one for lunch today. Yippee! We also had broccoli - which I over cooked a smidge, and corn, which turned out well - though one of the ears I picked was not good. Mom got the good one.

After dinner, we watched Bottle Shock on Netflix through our Blu-Ray player. Yay technology. It was actually quite an enjoyable movie - though it had its quirks and oddities. I didn't know much about the movie - just that Alan Rickman was in it and I like him. Lots of other good actors in it as well. It was a movie about wine and the first time that American wines went head to head with French wines and actually won a blind taste test! Good stuff. If you like wine, like Alan Rickman or need a light interesting film to watch, I certainly recommend it.

A full on Friday! Rockin' it Augustus Style! :)

Our lady of Geneva in a park

The Closed Rongo

Where we eventually landed


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I just realized I wasn't accepted as a 'real' person and my comment is gone. Now I have to try to be humorous. Or not.

I found my blog. In finding how to go about getting to my blog, I found yours since I follow...

A, Congrats on 48 followers!! Yey. Pretty nifty.

Your fun Friday was a nice read. Photos looking good too.

Will be able to read your blog once again from time to time... Potato.!!?? What did that mean today in the knock knock joke. I'm still wondering .....lol.

Augustus said...

Orange you glad I didn't say Orange? I have no idea where potato came from - it is one of my favorite words, though.

Yay! You are a real person, now! Not a 'bot!

Happy Sunday, Camille!