Thursday, August 9, 2012

There and back again

Yesterday was a driving day. I got up really early - the alarm was set for 6:30 but I think I woke up before the alarm. If I really slept. I don't think I did sleep that much. I did sleep a little. Anyway, I got up and got out the door before 7, as was my plan and my desire. Where were you going so early, I hear you both saying? Excellent question. I was heading to CT. A friend wanted to come visit Geneva, and she couldn't get herself here easily, so I volunteered to pick her up. Heck, what is a 5 hour drive each way amongst friends?

The drive out was pleasant enough - sure the sun was in my face for much of it. But it is a pretty time of the year to be driving around this part of the country. And although it was a long-ish drive, it didn't seem that long. Yay for not seeming long. My GPS did an awesome job of getting me where I needed to go.

I got there, played with some beagles and packed my friend into the car. She was all packed and ready! Yay! We needed to make a stop at a Post Office - I had a letter that I had forgotten to mail in Geneva (too early in the morning). Kelly navigated us there. Then the GPS took us on a Scenic Route back to I-90 - yay! I do like scenic routes when I am not in a hurry! The whole drive back to Geneva was much more pleasant as I had a good conversationalist to keep me company! That always makes a drive go more betterly.

After getting back, we took some time to decompress. Ok, I needed time to decompress. Driving is enervating. I didn't really have any interest in cooking, so we went to Ling Ling Chinese Buffet. Much easier than cooking. Everyone can get what they like and eat as much or as little as they like. And it isn't too terribly expensive. All good things. My favorite part was having a cooking with a little bit of soft chocolate ice cream on top of it. Yum!

We got back to the house in time to watch the women dominate in Beach Volleyball. Then a night time walk and suddenly it was time to sleep! How did that happen? Where did the day go? Oh, right, 10 hours of driving will eat up a day! :)

The Post Office

No comments: