Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lobsterless

Good thing I didn't want to have lobster for New Year's dinner last night - I went to Wegman's and the tank was empty! Totally empty! Hurrah for them! Boo for the lobsters. :)

The chicken wings turned out excellently! The sauce recipe I found was delicious - I think the vinegar was the ingredient that has been missing out of other sauces I have tried. Yay! The nachos turned out ok. I think they will take practice. Tonight, breakfast for dinner! Bacon, omelets, hash browns. Yippee!

So, how was everyone's New Year's Eve? Mine was pleasant enough. Sitting on the couch with my mom for the ball drop in Times Square. Dick Clark saddened me - his stroke has left him fairly incomprehensible. Mom was staring at the television and then complained that she had missed the ball dropping. Sigh. I am not a big one for kissing my mom. I know, I am a bad son. It just isn't my idea of a good time. Her handshake is incredibly firm, still.

Mom is drinking a lot of coffee! I mean, like 6 cups a day! Is that weird? I think she forgets that she has had a cup and just goes and drinks more.

Stealth sorting! Hurrah! Working through a box. I love throwing other people's stuff away. :)

We are going to have wacky weather this week - today a high near 50, Wednesday a high near 15 (both Fahrenheit). Eeeek!

Finally, the 365th picture posting - Pictures from December 31, 2011:

Four different kinds of vinegar! Now I feel like a cook! :)

The nachos looked good - they just weren't awesome

The chicken wings, though, were awesome!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For over 20 years now, I have been spending New Years Eve with my friends Michael and Holly doing a Chinese hot-pot dinner. Now they have almost grown sons and some of their friends (and the parents of those friends) take part in the celebration. But no matter where I was - whether over with Michael and Holly or in NYC in Times Square - I always called my mother at home to wish her a Happy New Year. New Year's 2009 was the last one I had with her, and I miss her being the first person I called on the phone. Give your mom a kiss while you can - for after she's gone, you'll really regret all those times you missed out on doing so. But you will remember those times you did! - Chris Telesca

Augustus said...

Thank you Chris!