Sunday, January 8, 2012

Aha!

I love epiphanies. And I think I just had one. One of the things I am looking for in my relationship partner is my audience. In a person. I am looking for someone who gets me, who reads my stuff and always says "wow" even when it is crap - because she (I am assuming a she because I like shes) knows that it will get better or whatever - but she reads something, or listens to a story or even my most boring, repetitive drivel and her gut response is "yay."

And I would hope that I could be for her whatever she wanted or needed wherever she was in her life...

That being said, there are lots of other things I am hoping for in a relationship partner, but that was a big "aha" for me. Just saying.

Yay!

Ok, moving on - yesterday was a weird day. Weird but good. It was a struggle getting mom up and out, but we managed. First stop, Rite-Aid. I admit, I went in with a little trepidation. One of my myriad crushes, my favorite pharmacist, works there. The previous night I found her on Facebook. And saw that she was being hugged by a man in her profile picture - a pretty clear sign that she is at least dating the guy - and wrote and apologized for flirting with her. I didn't put any identifying comments in the message - as she has copies of my card and my name in and of itself is fairly memorable. After hitting the send or reply or whatever button, I thought "gee, maybe she didn't even realize that I was flirting with her." I mean, I am not in her head - she could have just thought I was a freak. Oh well. Anyway, I was dreading seeing her again. And she wasn't there! Yippee! There was a new-to-me staff member who took my mind off my F-PH for a minute.

Next stop, Walmart to return one of mom's pairs of sweatpants. That was easy. And despite have a brand new pair - she wore her icky old ones again. Sigh. I don't know why I don't like them, but I don't.

We went to see We Bought a Zoo. It was that or Sherlock Holmes. I can always watch Sherlock Holmes by myself sometime. I thought this would be a better choice. And it was great! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't hate Matt Damon. I would have liked to have seen and gotten to know more of the animals and the zoo staff, all interesting seeming - but the movie really was more about Matt Damon and his getting out from under the weight and shadow of his beloved's death. Good stuff. And the little girl who played Rosie was amazing! And I loved the idea of 20 seconds of amazing courage. I have done that in the past and will aim to be aware of doing it again in the future!

Next stop, Friendly's. They are getting to know us there. As we were leaving one of the managers said - See you next week! Sigh. We are in a rut! I hate ruts!! Anyway, we were served by Jeanette (who has the same name as my mom's mom) who presented mom with a hat that mom had left there a few months back. (I don't think I used mom enough in that sentence...) I hadn't realized that she had lost it. It is a hat that I also am not a huge fan of, but mom loves it, so I am glad she got it back. Dinner was ok.

Back at home, mom scared the poop out of us both by tripping over a table. Luckily she tends to fall in slow motion so didn't break anything. What a nightmare that would be! But she was quite shaken up by it. As was I. Glarp.

Oh, I almost forgot - drawers. I cleaned out three kitchen drawers. I actually threw away three icky spatulas - and boxed a lot of other stuff for later disappearance. Maybe in a yard sale, maybe to the Center of Concern. We shall see. (More pictures of the drawer organizing will be posted on Facebook soon)

So, all in all it was a day.

All of that was in one drawer!

Yay art picture!

I didn't see a Zebra with a ribbon around it in the movie...

Friendly's food with funions!

4 comments:

Terri Weiss said...

LOL...I love you post today. You made trivial chores interesting. The food is scary though....I have never been to Friendly's. Is it fast food?

Augustus said...

Thank you Terri! You are awesome in so many ways! Friendly's is quick, custom made food. Sometimes it is great, sometimes not so great. But as a vegetarian moving towards veganism, I would probably steer clear of them...

naturegirl said...

I absolutely love when epiphanies occur or AHA moments, of course there all the things "wows" are made for ...lol..

Kudos, Augustus, I do hope you find that soulmate and you will know when you do. Just don't go over analyzing so much.. you never know.

As usual, you make a great movie reviewer. Can you add stars next time 1 star a poorly rated movie and 5 stars a must see.
but again those are my two senses..
Hope mom is okay, and has gotten over being shaken up, a fall can be pretty scary, no matter what age ..

BTW .. nice job on the drawers !!!

a le blog demain!!! Beebs...

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! I would say four stars - plus a little extra if you actually like Matt Damon. :)

Mom has moved past the fall, I think.

Thank you, it was actually fun working on the drawers. I've got more cabinets to do and I can hardly contain my excitement!

I think I analyze things just enough. :)