Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

I think I am going to do a lot of pondering today. Maybe some pontificating. Yesterday, I used the word "plethora" in a store and a woman working there was thrilled! Small things can make us happy if we let them! :)

So, I got off the Gardens of Time (facebook hidden object game) treadmill yesterday. Yippee! I deleted the application and I removed 27 people who I had only friended in order to make my garden larger. I feel lighter!

Yesterday was more errands day and beer day! Woo hoo! For errands, I went to City Hall and dropped off some paperwork for mom - then to the post office where I mailed lots of mom's donation thingies. And a subscription to the New York Review of books. Sigh. Next stop, Whispers - the hand made chocolatiers. It is so weird having a shop like this in Geneva. But I figured if I gave some to a friend, I ought to give some to my mom. Right? I popped into Mother Nature - the alternative food store in Geneva, and bought a jar of coconut oil. I plan to add a little to lots of things that I cook - who knows, it might really help with mom's Alzheimer's. In any case, I like the taste...Then I walked to City Spa and inquired about their massages. Then I walked all the way back across town (three blocks, I think) to the bank - I got to stand at the car ATM. Eeek! I also looked in the window of the local game shop, but didn't see any of the games that I was interested in acquiring there. So, off to eBay I go! Next stop, The Salon - where mom gets her nails and hair done infrequently. E&B and Juliet and Paul have set up a little fund there for her - of which a little is still left. I went there to inquire about massages - and I met the new masseuse, Andrea. I think we will be getting our massages there. I need to figure out when will work for mom and me. I might call them today, even...

And it was beer day! I had two scottish beers - Innis and Gunn was one and Orkney's Skull Splitter was the other. And a Belgian - Triple Karmeliet. All three were quite enjoyable! Yay! And as is usually the case, I got to have nice chats with Lorraine and Tiffany.

Dinner was store bought garlic chicken! Yippee! Plus some asparagus spears! And a twice baked potato. Yum city!

My lunch was English muffin pizzas!

Another Geneva, mural - seen on my errand wanderings



No comments: