Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

1/2 - Or something like that. Numbers are fun. Dates are fun. Oh, wait, haven't had a date in a while... I think they can be fun - sometimes stressful...

Moving on - I have written a post about my writing goals. Very exciting stuff. That blog deserves more followers. Just saying...

So, here it is the second day of January and I haven't accomplished miracles yet! Well, except for the everyday sort - like waking up, breathing, etc. Man-o-man those are miracles enough for any ten children.

Yesterday, mom and I went to see War Horse. Not a bad movie - but not a great movie either. Not Steven Spielberg's best. Makes me want to see the stage play, actually.

Then we had breakfast for dinner - fried up some bacon, some hash browns/potato pancakes - sort of somewhere in between the two, I think - and made a pretty pretty and tasty omelet. Just look at the picture. Isn't that pretty? I think it had cheese, green peppers and mushrooms in it. Yum! As I mentioned to a friend in an email, we were going to have french toast as well - except that I had used up what I had frozen. Yippee! I guess I will make more.

Not sure what is going on, but it is winter today, going to be arctic cold tomorrow - 11 for a forecast high - and then 40s for the weekend. I guess if I am going out, I will head out today. I could do some food shopping and some laundry. We will see if mom is inclined to go do either of those with me.

Ok, time to move into the next phase of the day! Have a great year, everyone!

Photos from January 1, 2012: (Typing 2012 will take some getting used to...)

Oops, neglected to rotate this one...

Pretty?

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Happy 2012 ... May you have Health, Happiness and great fortune!!! one can only hope and that is Free. ... BTW what is up with the handshake? Mom's always love hugs from their son's !!!

Thank you for the review on War Horse, I shall wait for it to come out on net flicks or tv.

Breakfast always seems better for dinner.. beautiful omelet.. looks scrumptious .. Always look forward to what Chef Schoen-Rene is concocting up in the kitchen. :)

Christmas tree was adorable. Nice work!!

As for moi.. week before Christmas spent Saturday night in the ER with Son#2 .. came out with 18 stitches.. he will survive..

New Years eve spent 4 hours with Son # 1 .. He too hopefully will be okay..more follow-ups .. will email you offline .. let's just say he has some issues with the "boys"..

Otherwise I had a nice holiday ..

B

Augustus said...

I dole out my hugs! :) They are valuable commodities!

I will look forward to the offline email!