Saturday, January 14, 2012

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

That is one of the many things I did on this interesting Friday. Yay for interesting days. I like 'em. Well, interesting to me.

I didn't have any exciting epiphanies - so you don't have that to look forward to. Pretty much a straight forward I did this, I did that sort of blog post. Seems to be a lot of those on here. Hey, I never promised to always be pithy. I promised to sometimes be mildly interesting and somewhat entertaining now and again...

I did shovel for the first time this year! Yay! I shoveled from the front door to the main sidewalk. At the same time, the college guy in his little tractor zoomed up and chose not to shovel the part of the walk from the last house they own on the block to the corner. What kind of crap is that? I will have to write a note to the President of the college and see if he can do something about that...I mean it would have taken him 30 seconds, truly and literally to do that part of the sidewalk. Whatever.

After shoveling I headed downtown - to exchange rolled coins for little pieces of paper - the paper weighed a lot less than the coins! I also mailed a package for mom and a snail mail letter. At the post office, I was wowed by the attractiveness of the clientele! None gave me a second glance, but I am used to that. :) Next, I walked back home. Oh, I almost forgot, walking does have side benefits - like discovering that there is now an Indian Restaurant here in Geneva! How awesome is that? Mom and I will have to try it before it closes... :)

Another writing post has gone up!

Snow on the door!

The green covered in white

Is that four inches? Or six? As a male, I am biased...

Wintery Seneca Lake view

Three different shoveling styles! I love the one shovel width shoveling option!

Our new Indian Restaurant that has been opened since December 5. Wow, I am really unobservant to have not noticed it until now...

Dinner - mostly leftovers. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you have kept your blog going in 2012. You made a resolution last year to post a picture and write something every day and you did it! What a great accomplishment! I love reading about your comings and goings . I try to find time in my travels to read your blog and my friend's blog every day. This helps me to maintain some continuity in my scattered life. Thank you! :)

Augustus said...

Thank you! And thank you for noticing! Glad I can help in some small way!

Emily Miller said...

this post is making me laugh in a few different parts. here i am commenting, proof that i actually look at, and READ your blog! yaaay!

Augustus said...

Yay! You don't just look at the pictures, Emily! :)