Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Wednesday like no other

Philosophically speaking that is. In many ways, it was just like lots of others...in other ways, it was totally unique. Totally (said in that obnoxious way that I so love...)

So herewith the day of Wednes. I got a few FB letters written, puttered around the house, made mom some lunch. Yay!

Then off to downtown. I had started to roll my collected coins - a bi-annual affair - and ran out of quarter and penny rolls. I stopped in at the bank and got a bunch of each of those. Yippee! Then to Stomping Grounds to visit my friend James (where I got to meet his lovely wife!). He had been surprised that I had written a couple of books and thought he might be interested in carrying them in their store. Yippee! I left him with five of each and will be happy, of course, if any sell. And I also saw a book that I had to buy - Wild Bill Hickock. I am not sure why I am fascinated by him, but I have always been. Looking forward to reading it!

From there, to Beef and Brew for beer Wednesday! Lorraine was behind the bar - feeling poorly (feel better Lorraine!) and a guy named Gary was sitting drinking Coors. Yum (not). We ended up having a nice conversation as the afternoon slipped by. I also had my three beers - damn you Saucer for making that a habit - I had Rooster Fish's Firehouse Blonde - a pretty tasty blonde, actually, Redhook's Flagship Beer - ESB - an English Style Bitter - one of my favorites from Redhook - and Goose Island Honker's Ale - out of Chicago - probably my least favorite of the three - but still tasty.

Next stop, Wegman's! I needed a chicken for dinner. And for the first time in my experience - they weren't out and waiting. So I had to wander around the store while they finished cooking. When I got back, the vultures were circling - there were at least five people waiting for chickens! We had fun chatting while the store workers boxed them up. Sadly, no garlic chicken - but lemon pepper sufficed. Yay! Dinner was quick and easy - I just cooked some string beans and called it a day!

Yippee for Wednesdays!

Oh, I think I mentioned that my camera finally died. After 8 years or more of truly amazing service. So I am using my mom's camera. One of the nifty things about it, is that it knows which orientation a picture should be in - no rotating! Yahoo!!

Anyone want to guess how much change that represented?

Stomping Grounds in downtown Geneva

Yay!

$80+

No comments: