Thursday, January 5, 2012

Long time, no Ginger

Long time, no Ginger, but we are getting her today. That will be a good thing. Mom needs more social interaction than just spending time with me. Ginger works for a home health care organization. The last time we saw her was in November, I believe. Maybe even early November. I don't know whether or not we are also going to be graced with an observer, but we shall see. I managed to convince them that mom was a bit more receptive in the afternoons, so Ginger will be here after 1. So that means I have a little time to write and such before her arrival.

Yesterday was a fun day! Most of the early part of the day was spent writing my letters on Facebook. You can read more about that on my writing blog. Then I went off to mail a snail mail letter that I wrote to a friend in North Carolina. I tried to visit City Hall to check on mom's STAR status and to see what she needed to do to keep that status, but they were closed already. Maybe I will give them a call today - or more likely, go there tomorrow after lunch with Susanne and mom at Dallywaters.

Slight digression - Dallywaters is a "tearoom" here in Geneva. I think I wrote about it a long time ago. I have wanted to eat there ever since I saw the place, but have never gotten around to it. So that is exciting - something to look forward to on Friday!

Ok, back to yesterday. I had fun at the Beef and Brew. For some reason I was very cheery. Really don't have any idea. Caitlin, a very young server, was there - and she is always good for a smile. Mike, one of the owners was there - sitting in my favorite seat - yet he moved when I got there. It is odd how I become attached to a seat. Ok, maybe not so odd...Lorraine was getting ready to leave and Tiffany soon arrived. I had my three beers - I made it an IPA day - having Lagunitas IPA, Stone IPA and Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian Style IPA. All good - The Stone was the best of the three, in my opinion, though the Raging Bitch was surprisingly good. I don't generally beers that are Belgian Style, but this one was good.

From there, I went grocery shopping - not a lot of get, but I needed milk if I was to make quiche. And I forgot the Swiss cheese. Since it wasn't on my list, I didn't get it. Sigh.

Lastly, I went to Rite Aid to get one of mom's prescriptions made up. Joy and rapture, my favorite fabulous pharmacist was on duty! Too bad that her name doesn't begin with F too to allow more alliteration. Oh well. Now I just need to check mom's other prescriptions and see if I can figure out more reasons to go see her, er get the prescriptions filled. And that made my day. We actually had a little chat and I gave her another card. I am beginning to turn blue, though, from holding my breath waiting for her to contact me... :)

Here are a couple pictures of the two quiches I made yesterday. They turned out decently. Hurrah! Food looks better close up! :)

The spinach quiche

The sort of quiche lorraine - no swiss cheese so... but still tasty!


No comments: