Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Older

I had thought of a great title and subject matter for a blog and poof - it is gone - out of my head. I ought to know better than to not write it down immediately when I think of it. Sigh, sigh, sigh. Oh well, c'est fromage.

Still feeling downright anti-social. Yippee! But I do need to get out and about today. Laundry to do, Christmas tree to buy, and groceries to shop for. I am wanting to make an apple crumble - got a lot of Ida red Apples sitting around that need to be eaten.

Got another month of photos done on Facebook yesterday! Hurrah! I plan to get another done today. That would be awesome. And mom and I had breakfast for dinner - I still haven't learned to get everything done at the same time. Oh well - the food still tasted good! Now I am trying to figure out the menu for the week. One of the great things about cooking for my mother is that she is appreciative of anything I feed her! I still smell like bacon from last night. Shower time! I figure once a month is probably a good thing whether I need it or not. Maybe that is why I am feeling anti-social...because I stink?

Being anti-social could also be affecting my blogging. I am just not feeling very interesting. Glarg.

Today's Daily Challenge was to watch a music video of a favorite song - I chose Scarlet Begonias from the Grateful Dead. Yay! Fun stuff and brought memories and tears. Not actual tears, just a bit of welling - from happiness and remembrance of things past. And I was struck by how awesome the technology is that allows us to do something like that. Speaking of which, I am not getting very far, very fast on my beer video blog. It will happen - just don't know when or how or what it will look like...

I really need to give up on the silly Gardens of Time thing. Just sayin'...

Photo from December 18, 2011:

I generally like my eggs over easy - mom likes hers over hard! This is twice baked potato, french toast, bacon and eggs.


No comments: