Saturday, December 3, 2011

Last Spanish Class, again

Now that it is tomorrow I can speak about yesterday without confusing myself. I routinely confuse myself, so, this is a good thing.

I got up and got out really early so that I would be fresh and happy for my oral presentation. I had practiced a lot, with three different people, one of whom was my partner. No one was in the room when I got there, so I moved the table where I wanted it, and arranged the rest of my stuff for easy access. Sebastiano showed up and we went through the presentation one more time. Sadly, he wasn't prepared. Maybe my script was just not to his liking. Oh well. Carlos and the class arrived - though a few kids were missing - Jolyn, Dani and Rachel, most notably. I don't understand missing class. Whatever. Well, I do understand the desire to not go - goodness, I had that just about every class day, but I went. The way I learn best is through osmosis and classes give me the chance to osmosize. Anyway, we got up and the, overall, the presentation went. Sebastiano had his script in hand, I had a note card. I forgot to look at my note card, but remembered most of the salient points. I hope that we will be graded ok. We were the first ones - the guinea pigs, so to speak. And we did make Carlos laugh a couple of times. So, we shall see. For my last Spanish class for the foreseeable future, it was a good one. Oh, and I signed a copy of Diary of a Plate Addict for Carlos. We shall see if I ever see any dinero for it...I probably will...he seems conscientious...

Mom worried me for a bit yesterday. I think she is, understandably, stressed out about the trip to Raleigh. If I had my druthers, I wouldn't take her. Or rather, I would have the Flying Saucers all be here in Geneva, so we wouldn't have to travel. That would be a good thing. Sadly, that isn't the case. And if I am to positively contribute to the financial well being of the household, I need to sell books. So, off to Raleigh we go, with mom in tow. I have offered to help her pack and have made some packing suggestions. We shall see what comes of that in just a little bit.

For some reason, I got it in my head that the car needed a wash, so I trundled down to the mobil station (which is apparently becoming a sunoco soon) to get a car wash. When did the least expensive car wash go from $5 to $7? Sigh. I got gas and a car wash and also did laundry. As I was driving to the gas station and lamenting the need to drive all the way to the Town and Country plaza laundromat, I saw the one there, right across from the gas station. Mom says that she and Karl went there once and I saw nothing to prevent me from going. Yippee! Less driving. Gotta love that. And it was pleasant enough, for a laundromat. Oh, and I stopped the mail. Hurrah for errands!

Dinner was left overs with the addition of some corn from the freezer. Mom raved over it and wanted seconds but there was no more of anything. Sigh. Haute cuisine is lost on my mom. :) I also baked the last three chocolate chip cookies - mom had two! At least she has an appetite!

Lastly, had a pleasant night in. Yay!

And now it is Saturday and it will be a travel day. Gotta pack up and go!

Photos from December 2, 2011:

Spanish Classmates - Brenna, Andrew, Peter, Detrius, Perry, Carlos (sitting), Taylor, Caitano (sitting) Lisa, Katie, Abby and Maya

The "other" laundromat

Dinner that mom found so delicious

Cookies! (Can anyone else hear cookie monster?)

No comments: