Monday, December 26, 2011

Welcome follower 37!

Yippee! Hello follower 37! I am doing a little happy dance - but of course, you can't see me. And, truthfully, I am doing it on the inside in any case...The more the merrier!  I don't know if you have been reading for a while, or just stumbled in here - but to be fair - I ought to say for the record, that this is a fairly boring blog. Many days it is just an online journal - sometimes, though, it can be funny, it can have interesting thoughts, sometimes it can have observations on life and Alzheimer's and all sorts of things. Sometimes it is full of beer thoughts. This year, at least one picture on every post. And often it contains a bit about what we ate for dinner. Who knows from day to day what it will contain? I certainly don't! I hope to hear from you occasionally! Well, that goes for anyone who reads anything here - I love to get comments!

So, where were we - oh yes, Christmas Day. Our family doesn't do much for Christmas Day. Most of the time we do have Christmas stockings to open - but as I mentioned yesterday, I neglected this part of the celebration - but will do better next year. I also hope that by next year I will be in a better financial position and will actually send a few gifts to my loved ones. That would be awesome. I don't really see how I will be in a better situation financially, but a year ago, I certainly didn't see myself living here in Geneva as my mom's primary caregiver! Things can (and do) change and in the most unexpected ways! Yippee!

This Sunday was no different. A whole lot of nothing was done. Not much accomplished either. Not that I have a lot on my short list to accomplish. I do have a bill or two to pay, a phone call or two to make - and I still have November's pictures to post on Facebook. I could make some additions to the Renotto Press website - but that is low on the priority list. I am thinking about another post for the writing blog. And I do have a bunch of emails I would like to write. I am planning on writing my annual note to everyone I can think of - not a recap of the year, but a very brief catch up letter and a request for one from them - and a soft plea to buy copies of Bar Dreams and Diary of a Plate Addict. We shall see if that occurs today or not. It definitely did not occur yesterday!

I did cook two new things last night for dinner to go with more Peking Duck - I cooked Chinese Style Green Beans - mom likes the plain ones better - big surprise - and roast Brussel Sprouts - these turned out excellently. I think I am going to make the cheese sauce today to top them for tonight's dinner, though.

Pictures from December 25, 2011:

Tasted yummier than it looks...

I got three pairs of socks and a set of sheets - amongst other things!

No comments: