Friday, December 16, 2011

Finally Friday!

And I have just simply, plainly given up on getting a passing grade on the final exam for Spanish 102. Yesterday I took the practice test, the repaso, and I think I got a 20. That is out of 100. Sigh. I don't imagine doing much better today on the actual final. Not too upset by it, really. I like to excel. Really I do. And I think I have learned a lot. Enough in fact, that I can now make myself understood at a very basic level in Spanish - without too much guessing! Woo hoo! And that was one of the reasons that I took Spanish - so that I could finally have a grasp of fundamental grammar. Yippee! Not to stress over the grade I got in the course. I don't know how the grading works - what the weight of the quizes is (on which I did mostly poorly) or the other tests - one bad, the others ok - and the oral presentation - and then the final. I hope the final isn't like 50% of the grade. That would suck big time. Whatever. I will survive. And I still have many hours before it is finished. Sigh. I might do a little more studying for the thing. We shall see. The long and the short of it is, though, that I just don't want to study anymore...

What else did I do yesterday? Right. Nothing. At all. Well, played a bit. And made a couple of meals - lunch I whipped up a little chicken salad sandwich for mom - a bowl of chicken noodle soup for me - and then dinner was one of my comfort food meals - hot dogs and baked beans. Yum! Added a little left over broccoli and a little home made coleslaw. Yay!

Oh, and felt sorry for myself - only for a minute or two - but still, it was there - for feeling a bit under the weather. This too shall pass!

Ok, short post because, well, nothing really to write about today. Nothing pithy is passing through my pate...

Pictures from December 15, 2011:

Later, mom deposited a pile of her papers smack dab in the middle of where I was doing my studying - I took that as a sign to stop studying for good! :)

Mmm, hot dogs and baked beans - and sides!

No comments: