Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another day, another book sold!

At one book a day, I will reach my goal of 1000 copies sold of Diary of a Plate Addict a little later than April 30, 2012... Oh well. It is good to have goals, apparently.

Is it possible that it is the combination of Zoloft and Aricept that has been causing mom's nightmares or intense dreams? I have been forgetting to remind her to take the Zoloft and for the past few days she has not been reporting intense dreams. I will have to ask Dr. Rifai when I call his office. It is good that she isn't having the dreams, but then again, she is seeming to be a little more depressed than she had been. I just don't know enough about drugs and physiology and all that sort of stuff. Does anyone really know about that stuff?

We had a pleasant enough day yesterday, though both of us were a little on the tired side. I didn't sleep well at all - partially because mom wanted a night light on. Understandable, since she almost always sleeps with a light on while in Geneva. And since we are in a new to her place -  she can at least see where she is if she wakes up - and can get to the bathroom without wasting time trying to find a light. But I like to sleep in the dark. I am not one of those people who needs pitch black, or a mask or anything - but the light we had on in the beginning was pretty bright - I later thought of turning just the bathroom light on and that was a lot better in my opinion. Yippee! But neither of us had more than 5 hours of sleep all together. I got up and wrote - two blog posts - go me - and then eventually slept for a couple more hours. Mom didn't go back to sleep.

It was $1.50 movie day! Except that the prices have gone up to $2 a ticket! Eeek! Then again, it was Stimulus Tuesday and a small popcorn was only $1 (instead of $5?!) so that was a good thing. We finally got to see A Dolphin's Tale - about a dolphin who had to have her tail amputated. The movie was ok, not great. Mom seemed to enjoy it. Yay!

Next, a light lunch from Burger King (they have onion rings and mom likes onion rings) before heading back to the hotel for a little rest before another night at the Saucer. Sometimes, going to the Saucer seems like work. Oh, right, in this case, it is, isn't it. Well, I didn't get paid a lot last night. Eventually, in the fullness of time, two copies were sold - one to Bill and another to Ted who bought one for Josh H. Ted is great! If he wants another book, he gets that one free. But I did get to hang out at the Saucer and drink three beers. That is always a good thing! Then, out to dinner.

We went to Piebird and had a nice young woman named Teresa as our server. We managed to show up along with about 15 other people, so service was kinda slow. The food was good, though. I had a special entree - pork belly - a little too fatty but otherwise yummy, and mom had a chicken pot pie. It was loud in there again, just the way it is designed, I guess. Still, I would probably go again. One day...

Back to the hotel again, TV, Skyrim (where I endured a buggy dungeon) and bed. Yippee!

Photos from December 6, 2011:

Ta da! A Dolphin's Tale/Tail

This is the men's room indicator at Piebird

My entree

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom was on those same meds and also had vivid dreams (or visions?). We ended up taking her of the Zoloft and she did fine without it.

Also, here's a heads up: She had some tooth pain and was given Vicodin (until she could get to the dentist), which put her totally out of it for almost 2 weeks after she had taken the last one.

Your mom sounds a lot like mine. That's why I keep reading this!

summerhill said...

My vote is to be very careful with them, and if at all possible, get her off of them. The mix of meds gave a friend of mine seizures and she has been diagnosed with prescription medicine induced seizures.

Augustus said...

Thank you for the corroboration, Anonymous. I will take her off them for good when we get back to Geneva. I am worried, though, because my mom's mood does tend to be extremely gloomy without meds... And thank you for the heads up about Vicodin! If you think of anything else, please let me know - my email is gusssr@earthlink.net!

Augustus said...

Thank you Summerhill! Prescription medicine in general scares the poop out of me! Eeek!!!

Anonymous said...

Do talk to her doctor first, of course! But your mom seems generally more active and I'd bet she'll do fine too.

Augustus said...

I agree! Thank you!