Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Big Fluffy White Stuff

Wishing won't make it so, but I do wish for a blizzard - or better yet, the big fluffy white snow fall that I know can and does, occasionally, occur. Am I weird for wanting that? Not according to one of my (myriad) nephews! Erich has been harping (well, cello-ing) about snow for months and months! And so far, not a lot of it. We have another dusting here today - and the temperature is relatively frigid. ANd getting frigider as the day progresses. Yay for wacky weather!

Well, I feel the tingling sensation of wanting to get things accomplished today. Anything is possible. But, not likely. Here in Geneva it is already almost 11 in the morning and I haven't even finished my blog! Eeeek! Gotta get cranking. Speaking of blogs, my blogger statistics are messed up, and that is frustrating. Oh well. Life is that way sometimes and we will persevere and survive. I guess I am not reaching my hoped for 50 followers this year. And I haven't figured out how to put Sitemeter on my other sites. Not that I really expect many people are visiting Renotto Press... Are they? Looking and not buying copies of my wonderful (cough, cough) books? For shame! :)

Did someone send me a book called Move the Sock Hole Over by a man named John Funchion? It appeared in the mail and I have no idea how it got to me... Thank you, though!

I tried cooking chocolate lave cakes last night but they didn't turn out very lava like. Probably over cooked them. Well, if at first - yada-yada - so maybe tomorrow or the next day I will try again. I still have the apple cobbler that I made - need to finish that so that I can make another batch that is more, um, moderate. No idea what I am doing for dinner tonight, but I am leaning towards omelets. And maybe some garlic toast. My cheese sauce turned out ok - so I need more vegetables that I can cover in it - cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus come to mind. Carrots and cheese sauce? Not so much...

Jessica Frech (pronounced Jessica) (just joking - pronounced Freck)- the Hyundai ad singer - has her own Kickstarter website page thing. I wish my projects lent themselves to that sort of thing. Maybe after I get the beer blog up and going. I still have a long way to go before I am ready to start posting those. I need more people who are brave enough to be interviewed. I think at least 100 people. Sigh. Eeek. And all that jazz.

Ok, time for pictures. Yay! From December 27, 2011:

This is the mystery book.

Dinner of Wegman's Chicken, brussels sprouts with cheese sauce and spinach!

Mom hard at work writing Thank You notes!

Chocolate not-so-lava cake


No comments: