Friday, December 23, 2011

GiJoe

Growing up, I played with GiJoe. A lot. I played with them for many years - from when they were military, through their kung fu grip and hairy phase. I never did get to the small GiJoes. It got pretty intense at one point - contemplating constructing a large base for them in the side yard - made out of concrete and everything. Very detailed plans. One of my favorite imaginings as a kid was having a remote controlled GiJoe Jeep (or other vehicle) that would follow us along on our road trips. Weird. I don't know why I thought of them today.

Anyway, today was an eye doctor appointment for mom. A lot of waiting to be told that everything looked good and that we don't need to go back for two years! Yippee!

Yesterday, no appointments for mom. Or for me. I did some food shopping, which was fun. I so enjoy food shopping. And the people watching that can go along with that. I got some Italian sausages for dinner and for freezing. I still need to get the ingredients to make the chocolate lava cakes. Sigh. Why am I putting that off? I think I am a little intimidated by the thought of making them.

After dinner, I went out - which has been something of a rarity lately. I stopped at Red Dove Tavern to see if there was a spot open at the bar. There didn't look to be one, so I went to where I had been planning on going anyway, the lovely Leaf Kitchen. They had a bomber of Southern Tier Pumking for me. Yum! And I also had a bomber of Stone Arrogant Ale. Both were awesome. Even better, Tatiana bought a copy of Diary of a Plate Addict! Go her! I need to get there more than once every two months!

Stayed up too late trying to clear up my Hulu queue a bit. Got a few things watched. Then slept fitfully. Poop. Time for a nap.

Picture from December 22, 2011:

Sausage, spinach and mushrooms, double baked potato

2 comments:

Sam said...

No doubt you thought about GI Joes because it is almost Christmas and I was eyeing some in the secondhand shop yesterday thinking about adding to your force! Alas I am not up to overnighting gifts this year a la Santa but expect Lewis to come through Geneva this summer and ask to see your troops mustered ;)

Augustus said...

That must be it, Sam! My GiJoe stuff is all in Clayton, still. :( Happy Christmas to you and yours!