Saturday, December 10, 2011

To the point

Here it is, late on Saturday, I have been driving for most of the past 12 hours. And I can barely remember what happened yesterday, dear blogophiles - but for you, I am going to try.

Friday was another good day. Got up and got out, getting mom another coffee at Waffle (Awful) house. From there, we only had lunch to achieve before heading back to the hotel. Well, bank and lunch. So we headed to Six Forks. There is a cool, round, First Citizen's branch there. Threw some money at them and went to look for a place to eat. I wasn't exactly sure what I was in the mood for, but we ended up at McCallister's Deli. Parking was not easy, but mom was a trooper and walked the block to the restaurant without complaint. We shared some broccoli cheddar soup and a reuben! Yum to both!

Next stop, Target to pick up things that mom needed - unmentionables, dizzy pills, tissues. Got 'em, got out and got back to the hotel pretty quickly. Our room was made up and mom made for the bed quickly, snoring before she hit the pillow. I guess she was tired! I played for a bit and then realized that it was time to head to the Saucer. Mom opted to stay home.

Got to the Saucer and had a great time. Eric, Nancy and Patrick came and joined me. But not until after Will(ard) had bought two copies of Diary of a Plate Addict - one for him and one for his daughter who was also a die hard Saucer fan - but she has moved away. :( A few other people bought copies and there was a teeny run on copies of Bar Dreams! Overall, I think I sold a good many copies of both books! Hurrah! And had pleasant company the whole night. Adam came over and hung out - Kim and Russell said hi! And Kevin Key came and chatted for a long while! All in all, yay!

Brian, the ex-bartender, new manager, helped me carry boxes of books out to the car. Too many boxes left! Grr and poop. Oh well - more on this tomorrow in my week in review blog post. Next, off to fuel the car and pick mom up so that we could head to Cate's workplace Christmas Party. I have been to three or four of these, I believe. Last year, I took my Grinch costume and performed a little bit. This year, I just ate and relaxed. It was nice chatting with the good people - especially Lori and Dr. Doshi and Charlie. The food was yummy, and Cate cut the Diary of a Plate Addict cake! Turned out to be as good tasting as it was good looking! Mom and I probably stayed longer than was necessary - but we had a nice time. Headed back to the hotel and almost straight to bed for me!

Down and dirty! Yippee!

Photos from December 9, 2011:

The cool First Citizen's branch!

Lunch at McAllister's Deli at Six Forks

DPA Cake!

No comments: