Sunday, December 18, 2011

I think I am up...

And not going back to sleep, so I might as well get today's post done. Soon, dear readers, you won't have this guy to kick around anymore. At least that is my thought. I am seriously leaning towards only writing sporadically. We shall see, of course. Truth be told, I am feeling anti-social and curmudgeonly. Not depressed, just not interested in much of anything or anyone. This is a phase and will pass. Truly.

I did accomplish what I wanted to yesterday. I finished the picture album for July. Today's goal - August! I also uploaded some pictures to the Diary of a Plate Addict Facebook page. Yippee for accomplishments. And that was about it. It was a cold day, here in Geneva, yesterday. And I woke up to snow! Eeeeek! I don't know how long it will last, but probably not till Christmas. The weather report says we are having four 40 degree days in a row starting Monday - so bye-bye snow. :(

Mom seems to be doing really well, once she gets up and gets out of bed. She is finally back to getting up for lunch and coming downstairs. And is actively taking part in its preparation. Go her! Besides that she is going through her mail and actually filling stuff out and such again. Yay!

We were supposed to go to the Colleges (HWS) holiday reception last night. Sadly, mom has a bit of a cold - I probably gave it to her - so she decided not to go. I was all set to go by myself, but at the last moment opted not to. I just didn't have a desire to go make small talk. I know, I ought to have gone, perhaps I would have met someone interesting. I just didn't feel like making the effort. Instead, I stayed home and made dinner - left over eggrolls and some sort of fried rice and vegetable glop. For tonight, I have two options - one - go shopping and get something - or two - make breakfast for dinner. I am leaning towards the latter...

I posted another entry in the writing blog. Starting to get those creative juices flowing - gosh it is an uphill battle...

Pictures from December 17, 2011:

First snow of the season! Not much, but I'll take it!

Dinner - the fried rice was a little under-fried. :(

No comments: