Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Accomplished

Got a good bit done yesterday. And something weird, and good, is happening. Mom is actually wanting to get out and do things?! How awesome is that? Yesterday she wanted to go to the Center for Concern to drop off three things. Not big things - didn't make a dent in what needs to be gotten rid of from the house, but the fact that she wanted to go out to do that was great! We accomplished that pretty quickly. On the way back to the house, she asked me what other errands I was planning. I told her again (sigh) that I was planning on doing laundry and getting a Christmas tree. She got all excited about the tree and wanted to do that - so we did. There was only one potted tree left, so we got that one. It is a nice little tree. Hopefully this one will fare better than last year's. This is how lame I am. I am going to put a reminder on my phone to water the tree...Some tree set-up will happen today - and some decoration tonight, most likely. She was not excited about the laundry and opted to be dropped at home while I did that by myself (yippee!). Speaking of initiating outings - mom wants to go to the movies today! I don't know what has come over her, but it is great!

So, we washed sheets yesterday. I love me some clean sheets! :) The laundromat was pretty empty which is fine by me - especially in my anti-social mood. It isn't really anti-social - it is just not really wanting to see anyone that I know. I don't mind meeting and harassing strangers.:) I also went to Wegman's and got some groceries. Including a holiday 12-pack from Saranac - some good sounding beers in there - and the ones I have tried so far have been tasty. I am saving the vanilla porter and the chococlate lager (never heard of a chocolate lager before) for later. And I got some salmon for mom for dinner.

Dinner turned out well - baked salmon with breadcrumbs and stuff on top - I whipped up a dill/sour cream sauce, steamed some beans, made a little rice - and later I made my first attempt at an apple crumble. Besides having waaaay too much caramel sauce on it, it was pretty good. Next time - one third or one quarter the amount of caramel.

Today - maybe a movie and dinner out - Friendly's or Ling Ling is my guess - and house neatening. I am moving the mess from the living room to the dining room. Yippee! I know the neatness won't last long, but all it needs to do is make it to the weekend - Christmas and all, apparently...

Photos from December 19, 2011:

Maybe the wind blew it over...

Mom heading in to - well, read the sign!

My huge purchase - two glasses with my initial! $.22! And Linda, a classmate of Karl's.

Our tree this year!

Yummy in all respects!

As I said, way too much caramel sauce!





No comments: