Monday, May 30, 2011

Just Plain Weird

That was what yesterday was. Yippee for weird!

And I am, once again, feeling discomfited. Why that only has one t, I will not seek to answer.

What is making me feel discomfited you might ask? Or you might not. Anyway, lots of things. And nothing. I know it is all, in the greater scope of things, not stuff to sweat, yet, here I am, sweating it. A little at least.

Mom's house sprang another leak yesterday. $3000 dollars to get the plumbing ship shape. My house in Clayton is falling apart even more - I am sure a lot of the sheetrock has to be ripped out because of water damage. And it looks like my heat exchanger has died. Yippee!

Money and I just have never seen eye to eye. I don't really understand it. Oh, I understand money - I just don't understand why we haven't seen eye to eye. I know (inside) that the world has plenty of most things to go around. There is abundance. And I do feel it. Yet in our society money is pretty frickin' important. And it just doesn't flow naturally into my life. Yet. This too shall change.

I am also freaking out about all the work I have to do down in my house today. Lots to do and I really don't want to do any of it. That and the work I am not doing on Diary of a Plate Addict. I am getting less and less motivated to work on it. One Saucer said they didn't receive their copy. Right. So I get to resend it. And none of them have sent me any comments. Sigh. And I don't know what I am going to do about book signings with my self-chosen mom responsibilities. I don't know what to do about that in general in fact. Like today. I don't know when Karl is leaving, so I don't know how long mom will have to fend for herself. I am not leaving NC until tomorrow so won't get there until the evening at the earliest. Maybe later, depending on circumstances. Argh.

So, for the happy stuff. I did have a mostly nice day, despite how my whining sounds. I got up and got out at a reasonable time. Had a dandy time at the Saucer. Cate, Daniel and John joined me. Met a nice server and had a picture with two servers. Pictures of me and servers do not see the light of day unless they ask me to post them. Sorry. Emily stopped by which was nice - though I was just heading out the door and we didn't get to hang out. Saw a few other Saucer friends.

After that, I went to the Clayton house and did a little work emptying things and packing. Still lots to do. After that, off to eat. I was going to go to J&S Pizza in Apex, but they were closed! Sad. I think they were just closed for the holiday weekend. So I opted for Sushi Tsune instead. My spider roll was delicious! Then back to my guest house to rest and relax. Yippee!

Here are pictures from May 29, 2011:


Brian and Chuck lolling around - I think that stuffed animals have a pretty easy "life."


Sarah Hays first mentioned J&S to me. For a few months, I went there once every two weeks or so. Sad I didn't get to go this time...


One of my favorite Sushi places. I don't know why, I just like it.


Yay spider roll! I also had some miso soup.

No comments: