Monday, May 16, 2011

Little Epiphanies

Yay for little epiphanies. They are always enjoyable. I had a few yesterday. One was that I really need act as if mom were a kid. I know that I have said that before, but it just keeps resurfacing as an idea. Another was that I can clean up the study and use that as a space for me as well. Mom doesn't go out there at all, as far as I can tell. And I need another place to hang out that isn't in the living room with her, or in my bedroom. This will take some effort, the study neatening project, that is. Maybe even a lot of effort. I don't think we have enough good boxes for book storage. Argh.

Stayed up way too late last night watching movies. I rented two from Redbox and watched them both. One was Tron Legacy which was fun. And the other was Love and Other Drugs, which was enjoyable as well. Anne Hathaway did a credible job. Now, though, I am dragging a bit. And we have a lot of errands to run today. Sigh.

The juicer is much easier to clean when the cleaning is done immediately after the juicing! I made some apple juice yesterday. And then I ended up doing a lot more cooking. Oh, more epiphanies. After cleaning up the shelves in the pantry a good bit - throwing away most of the questionable stuff, I decided to eat through what was there and replenish where needed. I have been knocking things out. Finished up some pasta. Finished up a little rice. Now I need to go through the freezer and finish up some of the stuff in there.

Oh, yet another - stealth cleaning - cleaning things that aren't surfaces. The other day I cleaned out mom's medicine cabinet. I don't know when last she opened it, but I would guess at least 4 years ago, based on the dates of the youngest medicine (expired in 2007). There are lots of places I can do some of that. And I also have decided that I can help mom with the papers by doing a preliminary sort on them. We shall see how active I get in that pursuit...

The list of errands today is fairly extensive. I am aiming to get out about 1 pm to do them all. Laundry doesn't count as an errand. That is a task. And it will be done after all of the errands have been accomplished. Yippee!

Ok, finally, after lots of words, pictures from May 15, 2011:


One bag of apples produced that much juice. What else ought I to juice?


I made spinach and artichoke dip. Yum! I also make chicken scallopini - sort of.


Does liquor go bad? This bottle looks like it dates from the 50s! Another of my closet cleanings - the liquor cabinets in the house...

2 comments:

sebaker said...

Now that's what I'm talking about ... liquor from the 1950s!

Augustus said...

I did that just for you, Sam! :)