Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fullish Day

That's the way I like them. There aren't a lot of them, recently. But enough. Most of the day was spent on the Opera. Mom and I went to see Die Walkure simulcast up in Victor. I hadn't realized that it was 5 hours long! Eeek! Good show, though it did seem like there was a bit of filler in Wagner's music. Too many notes. :) The production was entertaining as well. Lots of machines and projections. There weren't as many people there for this one as there were for the other one we attended there recently. We had some insanely priced corn dog nuggets for lunch. $10.25 for a drink and fourteen little corn nuggets. Eeek again!!

After the opera, we drove to Honeoye Falls, NY to look for a beer place. It was found, after asking directions (the address wasn't in the GPS). Looks like a place I will go back to visit, since they were closed for the day.

Headed back to Geneva, and stopped at MacGregors for dinner. We got a combo platter that had shrimp, clams, fish sticks and fries on it. Mom enjoyed it more than I did, but that made me happy which made up for it. We had a very personable server named Kathy Jo. Deanna was there as well and actually said hello and apologized for not returning my email. Whatever.

Home, we didn't do much. Mom read and I futzed around on the computer happily. It was a banner day for email! Lots of people wrote, all with good news or at least happy communication! I love that!

Here are pictures from May 14, 2011:


This is the audience for the Wagner Opera.


Mom and me and our combo platter!

No comments: