Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fun Day

I think I have used a variation of this title a few times so far. Hopefully I will get to do so again and again. Fun days are, well, fun. And good. Fun is good. Good is fun. Moving on...

After my time at the Saucer, which, though only mildly productive (I got emails out to all of the Saucers asking for comments) I still had some time to kill. So I headed to a new place, called Draft. It is where Hi-5 used to be. About time they pulled the plug on that place. Goodness. Anyway, it sounded like my kind of place. Unfortunately I didn't find out because they didn't open until 5. A lot of places on that part of Glenwood don't open until five. Oh well. At least I got some exercise. And stopped in at Natty Greene's instead. Always a pleasant experience - at least so far!

Next stop, Gretchen and Kevin's pool and grill party in Cary. I am not much of a pool person, but I did take my bathing suit. And did hang out in the pool for a bit. Mostly, I slid down the water slide! woooohooo! :) Unfortunately my ears are full of water still and the world is definitely a bit on the muted side. Maybe I will be able to clean them out one day. That would be nifty.

After the pool, the party moved inside to Gretchen's house. We ate drank and were merry for a while. Nice group of people. I didn't stay long, really. I think I left around 7. Toodled back to Eric and Nancy's, watched some television and played on the computer before going to sleep fairly early. That will happen when you start the day by visiting the Saucer at 11:30 in the morning!

Then I woke up at about 1:30 in the morning! Sometimes when this happens I just get a drink of water or something and go right back to sleep. Other times, I stay up a bit and do stuff - which is what I did last night. Puttered around on the computer some and then went back to sleep. I like sleep!

And that brings us up to today. Brunch at the Saucer and then to the homestead to do some sorting and packing up. Yippee!

Here are a few pictures from May 28, 2011: (The whole lot of party pictures will be posted on Facebook soon)


The house that Eric and Nancy built (Ok, I don't know if Eric had it built...)


Ominous.


I love taking pictures of the sky and clouds...


A party picture.

No comments: