Saturday, May 14, 2011

Atlantic City Day Three-Ish

Can't really call this an Atlantic City day, but I am going to anyway. My GPS did make us drive through downtown to get to the AC parkway. Whatever. Most of the day was spent driving. We got up at a reasonable time, got packed and mom went to get some coffee at the continental breakfast. I packed the car and went to get her. But wait, what were those nifty machines? Yes, they were "make your own waffle" machines!! Yippee! I made a waffle and put some cream cheese on it! And butter and syrup of course! Yum city! I don't usually eat much in the way of breakfast. I wait to eat until after I have done my yoga. And that sometimes gets me a late eating start. I also don't like to eat too much before I drive as it makes me tired. But I did anyway. I love waffles! (Not every day, but once or twice a month, woohoo!)

Did I mention that blogger was down for a while? It was. Which is one reason my post was so late yesterday. And the six hours in the car put it further in the day. Hard to blog while driving. Though I swear some people I pass are attempting to do so - from their phones!

The drive was, happily, uneventful. A bit of traffic going through Philadelphia, and a bit of traffic on parts of 476, but other than that, pretty smooth sailing.

Mom was getting peckish, so we stopped in Ithaca for a bite to eat. We ended up at The Mahogany Grill. Good food, interesting beer. A bit pricey, though. I don't know if I will end up there again, despite the pleasant decor.

Then home and nothing too exciting to report. I didn't do any work on the book. At all. I did read a little bit of it and thought about making notes. I did. Really. But I didn't do anything. That will be left for tonight and tomorrow, if I am to get my notes to Heather on Monday. Sigh.

Ok, pictures from May 13, 2011:


Waffle machines!


We stopped at the NY State welcome station South of Binghamton. They had wifi!


Goose Island beer - never heard of it before today, I don't think. The ESB I had was pretty good.

More pictures will be (or have been) posted on my Facebook account!

No comments: