Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saucer Stuff

Heading to the Saucer in a little bit to sit, drink some beer and hopefully get some work done on Diary of a Plate Addict.

Here I am, sitting at my table. With Dara. And it is being a decent time! It is a quiet day here at the Saucer. I am getting things accomplished. I just sent off 13 emails to Flying Saucers to ask them for their feedback on Diary of a Plate Addict. Fear not, my expectations are low. I mean, commenting takes effort, time and a modicum of interest. We shall see. My guess - nada. Or silly stuff.

Meanwhile, I had a pleasant drive yesterday. I took a longer route, but one that by-passed the morass that is the Washington/Baltimore metro area. That way lies madness, sometimes. At least slowness. So I avoided it. And I took back roads down from Geneva to PA. On the way back, I hope to stop at at least one brewery/brewpub on the way home. It was very pretty taking the scenic route. Hmm, I wonder if that is why it is called the Scenic Route. :)

Got in at a reasonable time with a modicum of inclement weather - some rain around Raleigh. Headed straight to the Saucer and met up with my hosts for the weekend - Eric and Nancy! They are the best hosts. Even though they headed out for part of the weekend, they still put me up in their house! How cool is that?! And fed me last night and everything!! I hope to be able to return the favor - maybe they will want to come up to see the leaves this fall in NYS. Anything is possible.

Well, I might not make it for four and a half hours here at the Saucer. I have had two beers and it is only 1:45. We shall see. I might have to wander down to the new draft place where Bogart's used to be.

Here are the some pictures from May 27, 2011:


I am proud of myself for actually stopping long enough to take a picture of the scenic view. Yay me. Yay scenic view!


Nancy and Eric have green thumbs. Mine is a black thumb of death. Oh well.

No comments: