Monday, May 23, 2011

In my sleep

In my sleep, I come up with all sorts of good titles and things to write about in the blog. And then I wake up and I forget them all. Oh well. Is Alzheimer's catching? :)

Mom was a sorting freak last night. She has the opposite of sundowner syndrome - she gets more energetic after the sun goes down. She threw away half of the recycling container worth of papers yesterday! Go mom!

Meanwhile, I puttered around. Finished the two last drawers in the desk - well, cleaned them out - now I need to put things back. That will be fun. And ought to be pretty easy. I looked for things to help me organize the drawers, but didn't find anything at Walmart or one of the dollar stores. I get all of those confused. I like the one where everything is a dollar, unless it is less expensive. Like two for a dollar, which happens occasionally. I think that is Dollar Tree. The other one is Family Dollar and things can be any old price there.

Heading to NC this weekend. That will be interesting. I have been away more than a month. I bet most things won't have changed. Karl, one of my brothers, will be here visiting with his family, so mom won't be alone. Well, not much at least. I plan to leave really early on Friday. Tuesday, I don't know when I will get out and on the road. I am going to take a newish route. Some of it will be roads already traveled, but not as frequently as I have done the 95 route. We shall see. If there is little or no traffic, I will be happy, even if it is a little longer distance-wise.

To get ready for that, I have to get the house ready to be visited. Well, at least the room I am in. Sigh. That is one little issue, I do feel a bit like I am camping here, not living here. Not sure how to change that feeling. Yet.

Anyway, I hope that you are all well and happy!

Pictures from May 22, 2011:


One of my early accomplishments - making the pathway clearer from the study to the back kitchen!


Sorry for the non-rotated picture. I just don't understand how Firefox and iPhoto communicate (or don't, as the case may be) and I am too lazy to save it to the desktop, rotate it in some app and then bring it back in here. Sue me. Anyway, this is the pile of empty boxes that has been created thus far. Many will be recycled!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Looks great! Safe travels -- meanwhile check your email for the latest on my June peregrinations.

Augustus said...

Yippee!