Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Third times the Charm

Ok, now that I have gotten those other two subjects off of my plate and chest, it is time to do my regular blog - or "what happened yesterday and yesterday's pictures!"

Yesterday was Monday. We ran some errands - library, post office, shirt place, Wal-Mart. I dropped off a book for mom, mailed two things for her and went to the shirt place to see about shirts for Diary of a Plate Addict. I am hoping that the designer guy can come up with a decent idea for how to do the cover on the back of the shirt. He said he would come up with something in the next few days. I will check back on Monday next if I haven't heard from him. We went to Wal-Mart to return my battery charger for my wireless controller because the battery wasn't holding a charge. They took it back and returned the money spent. Sadly they didn't have another one, so I will have to order it online or look for one at Gamestop or something. I need to make that decision today.

I also went for a nice little walk. One of the things that I thought about was that taking care of mom is lot like I think taking care of a child would be. The good thing is that she can still do most things by herself. I am not looking forward to having to help her wash her hair or something like that. The sad thing is that she will only become less and less self sufficient, unlike a child who becomes more and more self sufficient over time. And that really makes me sad. And a little apprehensive.

Heather provided the next draft of Diary of a Plate Addict yesterday! That is a good thing. For those of you who are interested, I can provide an electronic draft for your perusal. I am seriously seeking feedback, any and all feedback. I printed out one copy last night. One down, 19 to go. Today I am going to look for a big stapler. And more ink for the color printer. Black is running low according to it. I would like to get some of them in the mail on Thursday, which means that I have to print them out and get them ready to go today. And draft a letter. Lots to do and here I sit, writing blogs! Yippee!

We had pasta for dinner. I am indeed making consistently good garlic bread! Then I went out to look for Carol. Who apparently doesn't work on Mondays. Oh well. I went to Beef and Brew instead and had a pleasant time chatting with Matt the sometime bartender. Then home to work on printing out the books.

All in all, yippee.

Here are pictures from May 9, 2011:


This is where I am thinking of getting the shirts done.


Art photo - this might look better in B&W or Sepia. I love cattails!

2 comments:

ksimmer48@aol.com said...

...Yippee!...

Augustus said...

Yippee indeed, Kimberly!