Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Post

This is going to be a blog with a few disparate things in it. Gee, that will be novel. :)

First off, it was a beautiful day. What I mean by this is that everywhere I turned, there seemed to be women who were particularly pretty popping up. First, I became FB friends with a friend of a friend who is lovely. That started off my day pleasantly! Then at the supermarket, they were everywhere! Gotta like those days. Ok, I like those days.

Also at the supermarket, my mom ran into a colleague from Hobart and William Smith Colleges. He is also the father of a childhood friend. Yippee! I took a picture of them with my iPhone - see below.

I am going slightly crazy here. And I am sad that I am not in NC to work on my plate and see my Saucer friends. Sigh. I haven't figured out how to maintain my sanity yet. The xBox I bought is helping a bit. Going out will probably help - but I am waiting for the students to mostly leave before I start frequenting local watering holes too much. I keep writing women on Plenty of Fish and getting no responses. I am still toying with the idea of starting a couple of meet-up groups, just to broaden my circle of acquaintances here. The things that are driving me crazy mostly are things related to mom and her mental deterioration. Part of me knows that I am in a no-win situation. Well, I am winning just because I know that I am helping mom to be able to stay in her house longer. And she is winning because she doesn't have to fend for herself as much as she did. What I am going to do when I need to travel to sell books, I haven't figured out quite yet. It would be nice if there were someone who could come and be with her for that time. Or if I could take her to my brother's or my other brother's or sister's that would be nifty. But that entails a lot of driving on my part, which I don't mind, but I don't think anyone would be happy about the situation. Sigh. Whatever. This too shall pass!

Here are the pictures from May 7, 2011:


My mom and Jim Crenner chatting over their shopping carts.


The new McDonald's is percolating right along!

No comments: