Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 Dollars

As I was walking home last night, I chanced to look down and saw a soggy $5 bill lying on the sidewalk. I naturally picked it up and discovered a sixth dollar inside! Yippee! Rich, rich, rich beyond compare! Woo hoo!! Oh, wait, I have to buy more black toner today for my printer...

Yup, I went through an entire black cartridge already in the printer. And I still have a few cover parts to print out today. Yippee! Then the Saucer mailings will be accomplished. Life is good.

Made a mush for dinner - it was yummy mush, but still mush. Lots of leftovers again, all mixed together. With rice. And artichokes. Artichokes continue to be inexpensive, so I buy them. And eat them. Yum!

Ran more errands yesterday. Mom and I decided that she is not going to get the Sunday Finger Lakes Times anymore. The price went from $75 for the year to $135 for the year. Eeek!! She is learning to use her ipad for tv listings. I hope.

I went to the beef and brew last night and had a lovely time. I presold a few copies of Diary of a Plate Addict. I think drunk people will buy anything that is pretty! And this book will be nothing else if it isn't pretty. Met a bunch of locals - we shall see if I run into them again. Oh and Facebook friended one - we had three friends in common already! Weird.

Welcome follower number 20 - DSM! Hope you enjoy it!

I need two more things to make me uber comfortable here in Geneva. A bicycle and a small TV/Monitor thing. They will happen eventually.

Mom and I have an appointment with her investment counselor today. How exciting is that? Other than that, nothing big happening.

I love this time of year in Geneva. It is light late, the weather is pleasant and the students are gone. Don't get me wrong, I like the students, they keep Geneva alive - they are just, well, very young, generally. I know I was young too, once, long ago...

Pictures from May 18, 2011:


Downtown Geneva - well, one part at least.


I was just struck by the juxtaposition of the dandelion and the bright flowers.


I met the owners and the general manager of the Beef and Brew last night - Troy, Mike and Steve.

No comments: