Thursday, May 5, 2011

Status Updates

Interesting - I posted a status on Facebook yesterday about watching a couple of interesting shows on PBS and I got three or four likes and a few comments. I post something pithy and all I hear are crickets chirping. Weird. Another friend noted that we can't get people interested in important topics, but they vote for American Idol in droves. I pondered whether more people vote for Idol than vote in a presidential election? At least I hope that isn't true!

I was awoken by an odd phenomenon (at least here in Geneva, NY). The sun was shining in my window! Eeeek!

Poor mom. She went to get her teeth cleaned on Tuesday and had to go back Wednesday to get a cavity filled. In the process they novacained the poop out of her jaw. Sadly, this allowed her to bite her lip and bleed and puff up. I could NEVER work in a field where I was around seeping, oozing, dripping blood all day. More power to all the people who are getting nursing degrees or already work in medical fields!

We didn't do a lot yesterday. Except wait to go to the Dentist. Mom started being ready at 1:30 am! Sigh. Well, I did do a load of laundry. And start the hunt for pork belly (to make my own bacon). We were going to go see Water for Elephants, but with mom's lip oozing blood, and it looking like I had hit her, we opted to stay in. Good thing, because I had forgotten about her wanting to watch the Terra Cotta soldiers show. Which was interesting. Yay PBS! Yay TV. It isn't always good or even ok, but sometimes there is some good stuff on television.

Today, we are heading to Corning, to the Museum of glass. I am also planning on visiting a brew pub down in Corning. Then later, a visit with my friend Carol, if I can catch her at the Parker's in Seneca Falls. Why does Seneca Falls make me thing of San Francisco? Because their initials are the same. Weird the way a brain works.

Ok, pictures from May 4, 2011:


Soon to be the site of a new McDonald's building. The old one just isn't good enough apparently...


I have been wanting to take pictures of some willowy willow trees here in the area for a while. These will have to do for the time being.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Well keep the posts coming I do enjoy them ... can't recall if I mentioned this but it looks like two or three of us (Lewis and I and maybe Joanna) should be passing through Geneva next month, hope to see you there ...

I *am* very impressed by tales of sorting, and that you got your mom to the dentist ... !

Augustus said...

Thank you Sam! I will look forward to seeing whoever does show up next month! (I am guessing you mean June...)