Saturday, May 28, 2011

Travel

On the road again! It is fun to be on the road. Most of the time. The trip down to NC was fairly uneventful. I did get a bit sleepy here and there - I don't know if it was from lack of sleep the night before or the monotony of the drive or eating on the road in a way that made me tired. Even sunflower seeds didn't always help - though they mostly did. Sigh. It is a really long one day drive. I would much rather break it up into smaller pieces. I don't have people to stay with along the route, though. Nor do I have the money to spend on motels, generally. Oh well, life is that way sometimes.

Welcome follower number 22! Hope you enjoy the posts! Tell all your friends. :)

Why do people think that other people are out of communication range if they are traveling? Maybe they won't be as connected, but they are usually able to communicate in some way, shape or form. And as for me, I try to remain as connected as I can, even on the road. I now have my iPhone (yay) and I almost always travel with my laptop, so I can keep in touch dandily, thank you very much. :) I try not to talk on the phone when I am driving - but I do stop occasionally - and when I do I check messages and return calls where appropriate. And if I stop for a longer period, and can find a place with free wi-fi, then I will check email and such. I haven't yet taken the plunge and linked all of my mail to my iPhone. I do like the surprise of checking my email and seeing what has appeared there.

This is actually my post for May 27th - the one I missed while traveling yesterday. So, later today, I will post another one. Yippee!

Photos from May 26, 2011:


Mom did a lot of sorting and ended up with two containers full of recycling - mostly papers!


Art photo. :)


Still life - anyone care to guess how much those three items cost in the grocery store?

No comments: