Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bikes are expensive!

Using the internet, I found a site that gave me a feeling for how much a decent bicycle would cost. Eeek! I mean $500 seems like a lot to me. Does it to you? True, one gets what one pays for, but still...well, maybe in the fullness of time, I will come to the decision that it is worth it. Until then, I have feet and I have a car. Though Geneva is a neat place to ride around.

The study is getting closer to livable. I don't really know what to do with mom's old (ancient) iMac. I mean that thing is huge and heavy. For now, I just moved it off of the desk and onto a little typewriter desk, which doesn't really work at all. Sigh. The biggest outstanding thing I need to do is move the modem somehow and somewhere. Not far, it is just that the cords are conflicting - the cable cord comes from one side and the power from the other, so that it can only sit in the middle of the desk. Not great. Oh, and I need a small monitor or tv for the xbox. That is the main reason for me taking over the study. So that I can let mom stay in her nest in the living room and still play when I want to.

Next on the book parade of things to do, is to call all of the Saucers and follow up with the mailing. Still on the list, work on the website and find someone who is willing to design a shirt. So far, the local people have not responded and it has been at least two weeks. I guess they just aren't interested in the business. Sad.

I walked to a local pub/tavern last night, went inside and left almost immediately. It was way too crowded. Looked like a nice enough place, and I will certainly go again. The place was the size of my mom's living room. Maybe smaller. Eeek!

Pictures from May 20, 2011:


Spa day for mom! That is Jessica working on mom's tootsies!


I like evening light...

2 comments:

Sam said...

Bikes are expensive but often college students don't know their value -- look for a used one and try pawn shops? I was riding an overhauled pawn shop bike until recently I got one on craigslist

Augustus said...

Good advice Sam!