Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Past

Another Mother's Day has sailed quietly into the past. Yippee? Next up, mom's birthday on Tuesday. We are currently planning on heading to Cobblestone Grill for dinner. Then Wednesday we are planning on heading to Atlantic City to see Kristen (my niece and mom's granddaughter) perform in a condensed version of 42nd Street! That ought to be interesting for several reasons. More on that as it comes to pass. Tonight I might venture forth to look for my friend Carol again. The elusive Carol. Well, if she isn't at the one and is reported to be at the other (Parker's) then I will just have to go on to the second one. Then again, she might not be at either, Monday tending to be a rather slow time at most pubs (except the Saucer, generally).

Mom did some work on getting stuff ready to take to The House of Concern - a local thrift shop sort of place. I did not push her at all to do this. And I didn't help at all since I was busy cooking - making egg salad and dill sauce. The egg salad ought to be good for lunch for the next couple of days. Oh, and I started making bacon - or at least attempting to make bacon. We shall see how it turns out, won't we. :)

We went to see Water for Elephants yesterday afternoon. Overall enjoyable. The lead male, the guy from the Twilight Movies, was not so hot, but the rest of the movie was pretty good. It turns out happily for those of you who don't know. It is worth putting on your netflix cue though seeing it in the theatre might be going too far.

Walking around Geneva the other night, I realized two things. One, if I lived here on my own, I would invest in a decent bicycle for a lot of my travel around town. And that two, I am here during the happy weather. I don't know how I am going to manage a winter here. Eeek!

Pictures from May 8, 2011 (Mother's Day):


Makin' bacon! (Sadly, the culinary kind)


This is the current state of the "red" room as it is called here. I hope to be able to one day show a more recent current state where the room looks liveable once again.


Mom styling for the paparazzi! She found this blouse while working on the pile of things to give to the House of Concern.

No comments: