Friday, May 20, 2011

Couldn't go back to sleep

And I tried. Seriously. No luck. Not that I really need to go back to sleep. I woke up at 7 am and thought, hmm, this is too early. And just couldn't go back to sleep. Oh well. Life goes on.

Here we are, May 20 already! Eeek! Time for me to update the Facebook album of one a day pictures. Still not a day missed. That is a good thing. There are some pictures I haven't taken that I would like to take, so we all have something to look forward to.

More errands yesterday. We went to meet mom's new financial advisor. (My computer is telling me that is misspelled - but I don't think so...) Nice woman, though I felt a little odd talking with her about mom's financial matters. Found out just how little I knew about them. Knowledge is a good thing. Next stop, Center of Concern. Mom let go of 16 pieces of clothing! Go mom!! We also went to Wendy's for lunch. Mom does like her occasional Wendy's repast.

Then we drove to Honeyoye Falls again. This time, the beer place was open. Custom Brewcrafters makes beer for lots of different groups and organizations - even a brewery that says that they make their own beer. Remember a while ago when I went to the Three Brother's Winery? Apparently their beer is made by Custom Brewcrafters. Anyway, I tried six of the 14 or so beers that they had going on tap just then - all dark and pretty good. I ended up buying two 22 oz bottles - one Imperial Breakfast Stout and one Baltic Porter. Both were yummy!

By the way, for those of you who are curious, Honeyoye is native American for Little Finger, apparently. Or at least, that was what I was told. Heck, I will believe just about anything.

I managed to finish putting together 7 more copies of Diary of a Plate Addict. Yippee! Today they will go in the mail. Next step, contacting all of the Saucers and getting their feedback - if any. Sigh. Pulling teeth, it is just like pulling teeth! Grrrr.

Today - mom gets a haircut and a pedicure thanks to Juliet, Paul, Ernst and Betty (I think). And I get to mail packages. Yippee!

Pictures from May 19, 2011:


Mom could have made a living as a florist. This is her lilac arrangement.


One set of taps at Custom Brewcrafters. They had two more sets but the beers repeated in them...


Dinner was good, not very spiced. Baked cauliflower (yum), a rice mush-up and a little pork.

No comments: