Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Got a little Done

And a little is better than none. I went through the book twice or three times last night - mostly looking for graphical things that needed changing. But I noticed some text that needs to be excised. Too whiny still. I think the book needs to be as Rah Rah as it can be. Wider appeal I think. Still not ready to send off my comments to Heather, though. Maybe I will get more work done on it today. No toner as of yesterday, so no more copies have been printed. Poop.

Photo crush! That is one of the things that happens with me when I am doing a dating site. I get crushes on women because of their photos and their profiles. Most times, nothing comes of it. I send an email and guess what happens. Go ahead. Guess. Yup, they don't write back. At all. And they are probably right. I figure if they don't write back, it wasn't meant to be. A variation on sour grapes. Gotta love Aesop!

We successfully accomplished most of our errands yesterday. We even got mowed! How exciting is that!! Carl seems like a nice laid back guy. Yippee! None of the other three companies I contacted have bothered to return my calls or contact me in return. Oh well - their loss! After the errands mom was tuckered out, so I went and did laundry by myself! Yippee! I also did some work in the study. It is feeling better already in there. Mom is freaked out because she wants the space for her use - even though she hasn't been in there in at least 6 months. Sigh. I hope to have it 90 percent done today.

We might go to the movies tonight. Has anyone heard of The Conspirator?

Pictures from May 16, 2011:


The lilacs are in bloom again...they always seemed larger and more profuse when I was little...


A tulip doing an impression of an iris. :)


Seneca Lake looking foggy!

No comments: