Monday, May 2, 2011

Yay! Osama Bin Laden is Dead

How exciting is that? And that is all I really have to say on the subject. And oh, yes, can we see his birth certificate please?

I cooked more egg rolls last night. Yum! Today I get to make Cole Slaw. I am also determined to go out and do something fun - either a brewery or some wineries. I really need to get out and about. My little self enjoys being at home, but we also like exploring. Which shall it be? Hmm.

Does anyone think I ought to start a couple of meet-ups here in Geneva? A singles meet-up and a beer meet-up come to mind...

Fixed the lamp, only to find that the fixture I got didn't fit once I put the parts in that didn't go in the first time. Sigh. So I re-re-fixed the lamp on the porch. Sigh.

I also read a lot - two Orson Scott Card Alvin Maker books. I liked Heartfire better than The Crystal City, but both were enjoyable. I am going to go to the library today and drop off and pick up books. And I will probably go to Wegmann's again. As I mentioned to Emily (after she said that Wegmann's had everything I could want) I am going to look for the "Girlfriends for Augustus" aisle. Maybe it is there and I just keep missing it.

Someone wrote me on Plenty of Fish (yes it is a dating site) and then deleted her profile. Great. And none of the 20 something people (no, they weren't 20 something in age - that is how many I have written) have written back. No, wait, I take that back. One person did write back. I asked her where in Central New York she lived and she replied "Ithaca." That was her total message. Gee. Gosh. A match made in heaven obviously. Oh well. Life goes on. And on. :)

Picture from May 1, 2011:

This is the cover of the book that I read yesterday. Yippee!

There would have been a second picture here, but it wasn't rotated and there is no way to rotate photos in this application of which I am aware. Grr. I don't understand why sometimes the pictures appear rotated in the import dialogue and sometimes they don't. Sigh.

No comments: