Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Up waaaay too early

And I have a long way to drive today. Grrr. Didn't get to sleep until late last night either. I think I am running on about 4 hours of sleep. Poop. That is not my favorite thing.

Yesterday was a pleasant day. I spent most of it putting copies of Diary of a Plate Addict together. Staples didn't have a stapler that they would use to staple my book. And I didn't see that spending $50 to buy a stapler and staples was a good idea. So I am going with binder clips again. Sigh.

I opened the toner I had bought and it was terrible! Hopefully the company will make good on it - I will have to look into that after I come back from Atlantic City, though. Unfortunately, I am now out of toner for my b&w workhorse printer. Which means no more copies printed out until a replacement cartridge appears on my doorstep. I ordered one from Amazon. Fingers crossed that it is here when we return.

The color printer ran out of black, so I replaced that cartridge. And now it tells me magenta is running low. Luckily I don't really have anything to print out just now - I still have a few front and back covers printed out waiting for innards.

Enough about that laborious task. Ok, one more little thing - it takes me about 20 minutes probably for each draft - not including putting the letter and envelope together. The first three are going out today, and if all signs are propitious, I will send out the rest next Monday. Yippee!

It was also mom's birthday! She opened her presents and was delighted to find candy, soap, hand cream, a sweater and a great mug! Oh and some sorting bins that I got her. Ever practical. Lucky her.

We also went to dinner at The Cobblestone. I was underwhelmed. Mom had a lobster tail risotto that was not her favorite dish on the planet. Note - no risotto for mom. And for someone used to fresh Maine lobster, the pathetic teeny tail that she got was just sad. My steak was much yummier. And we shared a crab cake for an appetizer. Oh, the place did give her a teeny chocolate souffle for dessert in honor of her birthday! That was good. It was surprisingly busy and our server was ok. Yes, I can be hypercritical about servers. And I can also give them considerable slack. This one needs some guidance.

All in all, pleasant!

Today, we drive to Atlantic City. A bit of trepidation, as I don't know how mom will fair. I guess we shall see. Keep tuned!

Pictures from May 10, 2011:


Mom's favorite birthday present - more sorting bins!


A look at the organized chaos of putting drafts of the book together!


Birthday dinner photo! Happy 81st Mom!!

I am going to put the rest of Mom's birthday pictures up on Facebook.

4 comments:

ksimmer48 said...

...The dinner photo is lovely!...

Augustus said...

Thank you Kimberly!

Anonymous said...

Give our love to Kristen and Karl and have a great trip. Where will you be staying? I"m not sure what HTML tags are. Love, Juliet

Augustus said...

Hi Juliet - Will do! We won't be seeing Karl as he won't be coming to Atlantic City until next month. HTML tags are pieces of code that change how your text looks. One tag will make things look bold. Like this