Friday, April 19, 2013

Third Epiphany-let

Mom has problems with working the television remote - she gets frustrated by not knowing if she is on the right channel or doing the right thing. Currently, one channel causes the biggest problem - there are two of the same channel - a Digital Version - which currently has nothing being broadcast on it - and the Analog channel which is the correct one. I believe there is a way to delete channels - so I will delete the digital channel 8 and that ought to fix a part of mom's problems. (Turns out, not so easy to do - sigh - need to find the manual - online if no where else - and haven't done that yet...)

This is a different sort of thought - not really an epiphany - I am going to use a huge post-it note - I mean 2.5 feet by 3 feet - and put some important television information on there for mom. That might work. Might not - it depends on whether or not I find my easel - I think it is in the living room. It could, of course, be just about anywhere...(Found it and have a prototype up on it - we shall see if it helps at all)

Yesterday, the new aide came back again. Mom had been in a snit about her. Well, after she came, Mom mellowed out and actually let her help with a shower. Yay! I like having a clean mom. Speaking of which, today is laundry day - again - but I have left it a little long! Eeek! I might need two big machines at the laundromat. And mom is thinking of coming. Yippee.

And if I don't make the deviled eggs today, the darn avocado is going to be rotten. Darn this fresh food thing! Grrr, even.

Mom and I were going to see a play at Hobart and William Smith last night - she got dressed and everything. And we walked all the way over there (Less than a block - don't get me started on taking mom for a walk) (At least I can be pretty secure in the notion that mom will not try wandering off someday...) only to find that I had misunderstood the time - I thought the play started at 7:30 - oops - started at 7:00. So we got there after the play had started. I chose not to try to go in. Mom didn't understand why I refused so adamantly. Does anyone else hate missing the beginning of something and therefore, when possible, choose not to go in? The exposition usually happens in the very beginning and I don't like being in the dark (not literally - I don't mind the dark - but figuratively - not knowing what is going on). Fine, call me weird. We are going to try again tonight. Huzzuh!

No comments: