Monday, April 29, 2013

Delayed Gratification and The other thing

What is the opposite of gratification? Oh, right, dissatisfaction.

Mind games I play with myself include delaying stuff just because I can. Will power perhaps? In any case, it gets me through the day, playing these games with myself. Heck, I don't have any one else to play them with. Things like - I can do x if I do y first. Or If I do three of z then I can do a. Or I can't do such and so until this or that time unless something extraordinary happens. I do try to always leave myself and out. I mean, who am I beating up, besides myself? I like to be good to me whenever I can be.

I did finally get one of the other music books. I think it was delivered to someone else and they dropped it on the porch for me. It was one of the Pink Floyd books. And it is, sadly, terrible. It is a PVG book - which doesn't do me much good, I don't think. We shall see. I have only flipped through it a few times and not tried to play anything. The music in it is not my favorite Pink Floyd music - it is largely from The Wall. Sigh. I hope the other one comes and that there are more interesting pieces in there. I mean, what is a Pink Floyd book without Money or Time? Or some of the greats from earlier albums? Hmm?

Speaking of piano, I am making some progress on the second movement of The Moonlight Sonata. Not a lot, but the first few parts are beginning to sound like music. There is hope.

Just a quick foreshadowing - moving May.


No comments: